Wisconsin

Hair and make-up

Hey ladies,

I'm looking for suggestions for hair and make-up artists for me, my bridesmaids and the MOB and MOG. The wedding is near the South side of Milwaukee and I was wondering if there are any stylists in the area that are affordable. My girls are already spending a fortune, I don't want to bankrupt them with hair and make-up.

Thank you for your help!!

Re: Hair and make-up

• I'm north of the Milwaukee area, so I can't recommend any salons specifically, but you mentioned not wanting your girls to spend a huge dollar amount on top of what they have already spent, so a few ideas came to mind :)

Do you or any of your friends use Mary Kay products or Avon, ect? If they do, depending on how big your party is, you could have one or two of the consultants come out and do your makeup which might be cheaper than actually going someplace specifically for makeup :) Also, for hair, kinda the same thing. do you have any friends or extended family (since immediate family will have a full day already) that are hair stylists or in beauty school that would be willing to come to where you are getting ready and do everything for cash? that would probably save you and your girls money as well!!

Also, whether you go with someone on the side or go to an actual salon, have you gotten your bridal party gifts yet? I've been in weddings (and its something i would like to do too) were as part of the gift, the bride and groom pay for some of or all of the day of servies (like hair and makeup). obviously, that can get pretty expensive quickly, but even covering just the makeup or something saves the girls some money and is a very practical way to thank them for being part of your day!

best of luck planning!
  • I plan on going to Vici Capilli on Hwy 100 in Greenfield.  They have both the salon & beauty school at that location and both are very reasonably priced compared to anything I've read on these boards.  The school prices start at $25 and the salon prices start at $38.  I've used both for haircuts and have no complaints.  They do make-up too - the students are $15 (free if you buy $15 worth of makeup), and the salon is $33.  Quite the deal in my opinion!
  • Thank you for the suggestions. I'll have to give Vici Capilli a call, that's a wonderful deal!!  I already got the girls their shoes and accessories. I wish I could take on the important things like hair and make-up for all 5 of them :(  I'm sure they'll forgive me, I've already stood up in all of their weddings, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards