Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Bargaining With Vendors...Do or don't?

So, I've found my dream wedding venue, and am absolutely head over heels. However, the price for everything is $2000 over my budget and I just don't have the extra to spend. Is it ok to negotiate the price with the venue, and how would I go about cutting costs. For example, they offer a coordinator and I'm not interested in that, as well as decorations and I have those in place already.

Re: Bargaining With Vendors...Do or don't?

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tell them your budget and that you'd love to work with them, but you can't afford them. Ask if you can have the wedding on a different day of the week than Saturday or time of year than peak season, perhaps, if you are dead set on this place. 

It can't hurt to try. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most venues will negotiate with you and offer you ways to cut costs. For example if you have a package that includes something you don't want ask them if you can forgo that service.

What venue is it? Someone here may have worked with them and will know if they are willing to negotiate or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Never hurts to ask, just be sure to do so respectfully (which I'm sure you would anyway!)  Good luck!
  • Options
    mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP .. just be honest and ask if they can work with you. Most places have told me at the visit that they are more than willing to customize their packages to your budget. You may also be able to shave off a substantial amount by doing Sunday too.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    retaviatoretaviato member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you want to negotiate price, it's my experience that you'd need to deal with locally owned businesses. The chain stores will tell you that they can't negotiate prices due to loss prevention reasons.

A business owner can do anything he/she wants!  

• Options
    Give it a try. Some places really want your business and will try to work with you to make it happen. And if you don't try, you will always have to wonder if you could have gotten that dream venue for your budget.

It will help if you make it clear that you are ready to book with them if you can get the price you need. If they think you are just a tire kicker, and not really serious, you won't get the best bottom line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards