May 2012 Weddings

RSVP issue!

Ok, I figured since we were using the Knot's RSVP that we would not have any uninvited people. Well, I was wrong. So, a couple that we invited went to RSVP to our website and I guess either I wrote their name wrong or I was given the wrong name so they typed in their own names instead of doing the search method. Well, for some reason they invited their freakin son! His name was not on the invite so why the heck would you invite him in the first place. Also, their son is a friend of FBIL and we don't even talk to him. I don't particularly like any of FBIL friends. We avoided inviting them for a reason. So, now I am stuck with a person at our wedding that I don't want at our wedding! Also, because of their lack of consideration I now have to redo the entire seating chart. His parents are at a table with a bunch of other couples and there is only one open chair not at his parents table. So, thanks! Also, I know if is only a day after our RSVP deadline, but what the heck. I feel like I can't get a whole lot done because I am still waiting on people. Come on its not that difficult! Sorry, I just needed to vent a little. 
Anniversary

Re: RSVP issue!

• edited May 2012
    I feel your pain.  It's so frustrating when people don't repect the fact that they were the only ones on the invite or don't RSVP on time. It's so hard to tell people no too.  One of FI's guests' is now bringing his divorced parents.  (ackward, but oh well)   I too am waiting on a few last minute people who still haven't RSVPd after the deadline.  I can't finish my seating chart until they do. 
    Congrats to you on doing yours already!  Just remember in the end this is your day and your guests are there because the care about you and want to be a part of your special day with you! 

• Yea, that's what I really need to focus on not one random person. But it is quiet frustrating. 
    Anniversary
  • Yeah, just think of all the other people who you'll enjoy seeing. And ditto PP - yay for you already getting the seating chart done! If you don't feel like switching the whole thing around, just add an extra seat to that table. Kids don't take up too much space, and 9 seats at a table is bearable for most adults. Just scoot his seat really close to his parents seats. "Oh, you wanna bring your obnoxious kid who wasn't invited? No elbow room for you!"
  • I've had that issue too with the Knot's RSVP.  You don't have to accept their RSVP like that.  Remind him he wasn't on the invite!  Or rather, talk to the parents.  He wasn't invited damn it!
    May 2012 Nesties March Siggy Challenge: Furbabies imageimageAnniversary
  • Hahaha! I like your attitude. That's what I wanted to do just uninvite him but my fiance kind of refused. I would add another chair to the table except that kid is actually a 20 something kid. 
    Anniversary
  • I had the same issue with someone sending me back their response card. I invited just the couple- and now they are bringing their son that no one knows! It is so irritating and I also have to re do a part of my seating chart -_-...
  • We had a few RSVPs like this as well.  At first it was always a young kid or two (originally we didn't invite kids outside of close family) so we just went along with it.  But that number continued to grow and we felt like once we had made an exception for some we couldn't turn away others. 

I definitely feel like most people ignore the rule about the names on the envelope being the only ones invited.  You would be perfectly within your rights to let him or the parents know he wasn't invited, but I see you FI doesn't want that.  Hope you find a simple way to work out the seating chart!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_rsvp-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:71eecbe8-4239-4775-84b0-1f57faad0cc0Post:c17e7ff2-e3e3-45d1-9e3a-abaf7ac71142">Re: RSVP issue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had that issue too with the Knot's RSVP.  You don't have to accept their RSVP like that.  Remind him he wasn't on the invite!  Or rather, talk to the parents.  He wasn't invited damn it!
    Posted by geojam224[/QUOTE]

This! do not let them get away with this RSVP rudeness!
    image182 Invited! image108 Are ready to party!
    image74 Are seriously missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_rsvp-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:71eecbe8-4239-4775-84b0-1f57faad0cc0Post:c17e7ff2-e3e3-45d1-9e3a-abaf7ac71142">Re: RSVP issue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had that issue too with the Knot's RSVP.  You don't have to accept their RSVP like that.  Remind him he wasn't on the invite!  Or rather, talk to the parents.  He wasn't invited damn it!
    Posted by geojam224[/QUOTE]

This. Just because they rudely added someone doesn't mean you need to allow him to come. Call them and explain that their son is not invited.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If FI insists on letting him come seat him separately from his parents. He's not a child. Unless you think he wouldn't get along with your other table let him fend for himself for a night.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_rsvp-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:71eecbe8-4239-4775-84b0-1f57faad0cc0Post:de39496e-8c3c-4851-b012-eb90f7c54ae5">RSVP issue!</a>:
    I'm having the same issue! So there is no way to make it on the website where guest can not add additional names??! [QUOTE]Ok, I figured since we were using the Knot's RSVP that we would not have any uninvited people. Well, I was wrong. So, a couple that we invited went to RSVP to our website and I guess either I wrote their name wrong or I was given the wrong name so they typed in their own names instead of doing the search method. Well, for some reason they invited their freakin son! His name was not on the invite so why the heck would you invite him in the first place. Also, their son is a friend of FBIL and we don't even talk to him. I don't particularly like any of FBIL friends. We avoided inviting them for a reason. So, now I am stuck with a person at our wedding that I don't want at our wedding! Also, because of their lack of consideration I now have to redo the entire seating chart. His parents are at a table with a bunch of other couples and there is only one open chair not at his parents table. So, thanks! Also, I know if is only a day after our RSVP deadline, but what the heck. I feel like I can't get a whole lot done because I am still waiting on people. Come on its not that difficult! Sorry, I just needed to vent a little. 
    Posted by tking1286[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards