Hawaii
Options

Maui Cakes?

So I'm getting married on the 17th on Maui and do not have a wedding cake.  I have been talking to mauiweddingcakes.com but they are horrible about getting back to me.  they have sent emails but i want to actually speak to someone.  I sent them an email last thursday saying i definitely wanted to use them but asked if someone could call me at some point anytime they got a chance just to talk about the details.  Still a week later, nobody has called me.  Makes me not want to use them.  Any suggestions on who I could go with.  We don't want anything crazy, just something simple. 

Re: Maui Cakes?

• Options
    dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMHO, I just had a tasting with them and their cakes were just OK. We decided on going with Heidi from Cake Bakery/Cake Walk. EmmaLee from Cake Fanatics also has very good cakes. If you want their contact info, pls PM me. Otherwise, I think EmmaLee is easy to get a hold of and Cake Bakery is on Facebook, but contact info is not easily accessible.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jessj336jessj336 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great reviews about Cakes by Joann.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My WC highly recommended Cake Bakery...we decided to go with them.  Haven't tasted their cakes as yet but she raves about them. HTH! J. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely NOT recommend Cakes by Joann.  She's pretty popular, make makes really cute cupcakes for testing, but she was horrible in communicating with my coordinator and our cake turned out terribly.  Sloppy work, thick fondant, not decorated as requested, and very little fruit in our fruit filling layer.  :-(
  • Options
    lorena224lorena224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I have found them fairly responsive via e-mail. I think it took about a week for Cheryl to respond to my initial message (not sure how long ago you initially contacted them), but after that I would get a response in a day or so, which seems common. I got my cake design and flavors sorted out pretty quickly and Cheryl already forwarded everything to the coordinator at the restaurant where I am having my reception and I am not getting married until April.

I don't know if this is a busy time of year or not, but if you want to talk to someone, why don't you just call them instead of e-mailing them to call you? Especially since you are getting married in just a few weeks.

Hope you find someone soon!

Anniversary
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Maui cakes and our cake was suuuper good and beautiful!  They are bad at communications though, if you have a coordinator have them contact Maui Cakes or call.  Emailing with vendors in Hawaii does not work well as a lot of them take a looooooong time to respond. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that about them, but we got our cake from them through my coordinator and it was THE BEST CAKE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!

I am not exagerating.  I love cake and bake quite a bit and I have never had a cake that tasted better.  We ordered the seashell and coral design. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and at Maui Wedding Cakes, he mentioned they were doing 25 cakes on 11-11-11. HOLY CRAP! I would not want my baker to be baking 24 other cakes on the same day as my wedding. That's just too much. Of the three I did cake tastings with last week, Maui Wedding Cakes came in 3rd for my FI and I as well as his brother and my friend.

Here is my ranking:
    1. Cake Bakery/Cake Walk
    2. Cake Fanatics
    3. Maui Wedding Cakes
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards