New Jersey

Affordable New Jersey beach wedding

Hello! Just got engaged but figured we better jump on the ball!! Want a beach wedding with about 125 guests... Preferably having the wedding and reception all through the same place for less than $100/head... Is that possible?? Not having much luck- wondering if I have to give up my beach wedding dreams :-/

Re: Affordable New Jersey beach wedding

• edited December 2011
    Hello! Just got engaged but figured we better jump on the ball!! Want a beach wedding with about 125 guests... Preferably having the wedding and reception all through the same place for less than $100/head... Is that possible?? Not having much luck- wondering if I have to give up my beach wedding dreams :-/
  • edited December 2011
    I think White Sands in P.P is in that price range http://www.thewhitesands.com/index2.html
  • agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will say we are getting married at the Jersey Shore and we had a really hard time finding a place that would take 125 head count for a Sat night, esp during the summer.  Most places want at least 150 for the peak months.  Check out Barclay, Matisse, or Belmar Fishing Club in Belmar, Channel Club in Monmouth Beach, or Crystal Point in Pt. Pleasant.  Channel Club has beautiful views and prices are really reasonable.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • IryshcreemIryshcreem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Lobster Shanty in Point Pleasant.  I know 2 people who are getting married there next summer.  One is on a Friday and I think she is paying around $100pp.  Good luck!
    photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • mss274mss274 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Branches in West Long Branch. They could accomdate less than 125 and they were the cheapest along the shore I looked into. The ceremony is done on the beach but the venue is located a few miles in.

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Crystal Point; its on the water but not the ocean, so no sand. We have a 100 person min for a Friday, and depending on your food choices you can get it around $100pp not including tax & gratuity.

The Breakers in Spring Lake was a block from the beach, and were reasonably priced. But the hotel prices for guests was insane!

Edit: If you can do a wedding next year (2012) the places will probably cut you a break just to book the room. Or a Sunday over a holiday weekend will also get you a cheaper price.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    What about McCloones?
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at avon-by-the-sea and having our reception at the English Manor. Pricing depends on when you are getting married (like every other place) but they are reasonable and everyone is great to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards