West Virginia

MOB/MOG Dress

OK So I am having a difficult time finding something that i just really like for my Mom and soon to be mother-in-law to wear.  It seems like everything looks to young or to old.  My mom is 42 and my m-i-l is 62 but neither look their age...they both look young..however I am not sending them out in something skimmpy...I want them to look classy...but not over done.

We are getting married in a garden in the afternoon...Anyway have any ideas?

Re: MOB/MOG Dress

• edited December 2011
    I'm having serious problems with this too..   its totally not my mom's style to wear one of those contrived MOB dresses.  i can see my FMIL wearing a classier one maybe, but not my mom.  She is more of a cocktail suit kind of lady.  I don't know what to have them wear.  Its quite the dilemma!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. My mother and I are having trouble finding her a dress also. My hubby to be's mom is wearing a pant suite. My mom are going to check Davids Bridal, even though I haven't seen anything online that I like, and JCPenny's.  We really do not know where else to check.
    Mrs Bullock
  • emact18emact18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks like we are all stuck...Everything I have seen lately just looks old...I will say Alfred Angelo had a couple of nice looking outfits...if you have the money...
  • edited December 2011
    my mom decided she's going to wear a cocktail suit.  she's hoping to find one at the Kasper outlet when we go to tennessee soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I have my MOB dress....$60 amazing.  We actually went to department stores instead of bridal boutiques.  1. Cheaper Prices  2. Better age-appropriate outfits

Its just a different atmosphere at a department store.  

As for my MIL *sigh* she is severely overweight and is too self conscience/afraid of dress/clothes shopping.  It also is hard to find her size

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards