Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Perfect propsal - not so perfect mother

Well....sorry I didn't post this sooner, life as you all know has been a whirlwind!

Jeff proposed on 5-8-11 - WHILE he was taking me for my first flight ever with him.  It was perfect!  And he even included my best friend in it all....

Well we have been together for a bit so it was only a matter of time so as soon as word got out you all know how that goes!

Everything so far is good with the planning with ONE exception.  MY mother.  Anyone else have squbbles with ther mom?  We have not spoken for 2 weeks...we need to start making decisions.

This all started when I gave her the list of dates we opted for the wedding.  ALL parents and us agreed on the venue, she adored the church...it has to be the date or the city.  (We were stuck between Green Bay the FI's hometown and Milwaukee my home town)....our date that worked for the church and venue 9-10-11 (yes I did read the article on dates to avoid, and then there is my FI who was totally drawn to it and out of 4 dates THIS was the date that worked).  

Wedding planning has gotten of to a bad start - trying to stay positive...
imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~

Re: Perfect propsal - not so perfect mother

• Options
    I'm confused... I can't really offer any advice until I know what the beef is with your mom.  Why have you not spoken in 2 weeks?  Is she mad because you decided on a date you didn't like, or a location?  What?
  • Options
    That's where I am puzzled....she likes the venue, which is located in GB. 

It has to be either the date or the city

But it is not rational to get married in her church in Milwaukee and have everyone drive to Green Bay for the reception - the reception sites in Milwaukee we looked at were ok - but all of us liked the one in Green Bay.

Just wondering if anyone else had any issues with their moms in the planning and what caused it.  Didn't expect it to start out this way.  She won't return calls, text, emails....lovely
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    Do you live close by?  Maybe you can pop in for a chat.  Do you have any other family (dad, sister, brother, aunt, grandma) you can talk to?  Maybe call one of them and say "Hey dad/sis/bro/grandma/aunt I think mom may be a bit upset with some of the wedding plans we've discussed.  I haven't heard from her in a few days, have you spoken to her?

I don't know what else to tell you!
  • Options
    Nope I am in Columbus, OH...

My dad is being diplomatic and I explained if she doesn't want to talk to me or wants to pout I can only stall on decision making for so long.

To make matters worse my FI's parents think THEY did something wrong.

My cousin has been great - she has been TRYING to feel my mom out...

THIS STINKS!
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    That is a sucky situation... i am sorry to hear about it.  If I were you I would just give up trying to please her if she is going to act like a baby about it.  No offense, but grown ups talk things out they don't pout and hide.  Just plan your wedding.  i bet she'll come around eventually when she realizes how childish she appears.
  • Options
    I feel like guessing games aren't going to work in this situation.  You need to talk with her to find out what is bothering her and how you can make it better. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards