August 2012 Weddings

Over Budget :-(

So, my mom offered to give us a nice chunk of money towards the wedding. Great!

I've been trying to be responsible by sending my mom updates with spending estimates and when I expect to incur them.

Well the Knot's budgeter fooled me. I thought I was coming in under what I thought I was. There were so many last minute expenses that I foolishly didn't budget for, that it's now roughly $1,200 more than I thought I was spending. And I was so proud of myself for spending responsibly!

I'm kind of ashamed of myself. I mean, but most people's standards, it's still a budget friendly wedding, but I really didn't mean to spend so much money! I shopped around for the best deals and really did get a deal on every single thing I purchased!

I still don't know how I went over budget.

Thank goodness I don't have to tip any of the vendors... they all work for themselves, so I'm skipping gratuities.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Over Budget :-(

• Yea, the budgeter on here had me fooled for a minute too... showing "remaining balances" as zero when there was still money to be paid.  Checks and balances!  At least you know you did the best you could!
  • Uhh, my caterer works for himself, but it is still the right thing to give him a tip.  I know you are trying to not go over any more than you have, but, if possible at all, I would try to tip your vendors.  They have worked hard for you, and, if you are pleased with their work, they should know it.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • If you can't afford to tip your vendors on your wedding day, then you might want to think about sending them a tip with a thank you note as soon as you can.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Just FYI, make sure you carefully check all your contracts before you send tips.  My caterer and limo already include gratuity in the prices.
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am over budget by about 1200 as well!   Its the little things you forget to think about that add up!  Like Stamps!    Im with you.. I will be tipping my  dj and my caterer but right now Im more worried about paying them! The tip will get sent with a thank you later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 149 Invited
    image 111 Wouldn't miss it!!
    image 38 Will be missed! br /> image 0 responses self destructed prior to arrival
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards