Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

I need a song for my walk down the isle...

I'm looking for ideas for a song to march down the isle to.  I'm by no means a traditional bride.  My first thought was to have either trumpets or a single saxophone.  I also have a family member who plays a killer accordion (please hold the jokes) but am not sure what would sound good if I were able to get one or all of them to play.  we're getting married in a church... so there is of course a organ/piano/etc.  Any ideas?

Re: I need a song for my walk down the isle...

• Options
    gimmergirlsgimmergirls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking down to 18th Floor Balcony by Blue October.
    The song has a special meaning to both my fiance and I and I think it is a wonderful contemporary song, not traditional in any way.
    Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am walking down to Jessica's Theme (Breaking In The Colt) from Snowy River
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im walking down the to Casing Cars- Snow Patrol :) Im a big Greys fan and I love this song so thats what Ill be walking down to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i'm using Here There Everywhere (beatles)

• Options
    blisphordingblisphording member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm considering using the instrumental from "Storybook Love" from the Princess Bride on the piano (I'm getting married in a church too). Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "Blackbird" by the Beatles (possibly just as an instrumental) would be a really neat song to walk in to. Then again, I am a big Beatles fan.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    ekilzer1ekilzer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pick anything you want for you walk down the isle- it should be something that fits your personality! 

I am walking down to "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" by Lady Antebellum. 

PS- My brother and sister-in-law had her dad play accordion for the entire reception and it was totally awesome. When I saw him getting everything ready I was totally cracking jokes under my breath and hated the idea- but like I said we all had a total blast and it was so much fun... not to mention very unique. Smile
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking down the aisle to "Make You Feel My Love" - the Adele version. (Look for it on YouTube)

If your church is okay with it, pick something you love!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    kristine0613kristine0613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Feels like home
  • Options
    TiggaMTiggaM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking originally that I was going to use James Morrison's you make it real, but my FI decided he liked that for our first dance, so now I am also trying to puzzle over what to use for walking down the aisle i like Michael Buble's "Lost" It's just a shame about the first verse. Lady Antebellum's can't take my eyes of you is good..

SmileCan't wait to wear this!!! Laughing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards