Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

I went wedding dress shopping...

And it was SO fun!! I could do that every weekend, lol. I went into it with the fear that I wouldn't find anything that I truly loved and would have to settle. Well I ended up liking just about every dress, and am in love with 2 of them. I'm going back and forth in my mind about what to do. The problem is, one of them is out of my price range and I'm not sure I feel comfortable spending that. But I love it so very much! The 2nd one I love is beautiful as well and much more within my price range. But I don't want to buy it just because it's the cheaper dress ya know? Whichever one I buy I want to absolutely love it. Anyway I'll leave you ladies with some pictures of me in various dresses :)

This is the one that I love but is out of my price range. Will I pinch pennies and make it work? We shall see ;) (The quality is not great because the salon forbid us from taking pictures. So I snuck them with my cell phone in the change room. This also means that the dress isn't actually done up at the back because the salon worker sent me in the changeroom to put a new dress on. So the dress actually did look much better when it was all done up and not falling off me, I swear!)

This is the 2nd dress I love:

Various dresses I liked:

So I have set myself a deadline. I will decide by next Friday, one week after I tried these dresses on. Considering I'm just over 6 months away from the wedding I need to make my decision. Not only that but I am the most indecisive person ever. If I don't set myself a deadline I will sit here for the next 5 months going back and forth between the 2 dresses and end up getting married in my bathing suit ;)

Re: I went wedding dress shopping...

• Options
    Amanda, like I said before, you look AMAZING! I'm absolutely no help in helping you decide because I love them all! You will make an absolutely amazing bride in ANY of those dresses.
  • Options
    You look awesome in them all!  I really really like the first one the best I think too.   I definitely wouldn't break the bank for it but if you can scrimp in other areas to get it I say go for it!  No matter which one you pick though you will look gorgeous.  Oh, and I like the deadline idea :)  Let us know which one you go for!
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    You look beautiful!

But if I had to pick one, I'd say go with #1.  I freaking love it on you, even if it's not zipped up.  There are definitely ways to find the dress you want for less than the bridal store price.
  • Options
    Gorgeous!
  • Options
    U look goergous in all of them but i think # 3 is the best , u look very flattering in that 
  • Options
    I love your top 2 choices, Spazzy!!  I definitely can see why the first one is your top choice (or it seems like it?). How much out of your price range is it? I wonder if you could get it through a different bridal salon or see if you can get a discount. Can't wait to see which one you pick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OMG!!!  It sounds like you had a fab time!!!  Plus the pics...wow, you look stunning in all!  Just like what the other ladies said, you look great in each dress.  That first dress though, yeah, that seems to fit your personality!!!  Wonder if there are any sales coming up or some kind of deal the shop can offer you...just sayin'!!!
  • Options
    Aw you looked gorgeous in them all!  Such a gorgeous bride to be!  They all look beautiful on you!  I do love the first one, I can totally see why you love it.  I am all for finding ways to cut back costs to make things work to buy wedding items you love...so if there is a way to get it, go for it!  Great idea to give yourself a deadline...can't wait to find out what one you choose!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love number one.  I would shop around this week and see if you can find it cheaper!  Or go back to the store and see if they will cut you some type of deal.  The store I bought mine from had a weekend sale going on and they gave me a discount on top of it because the dress I wanted was slightly too much for me!  Good luck!
  • Options
    You already know how much I love all of the photos and like I told you earlier, you're BEAUTIFUL in all of the dresses!!!  :)
  • Options
    They all look amazing on you!  You will be so pretty no matter what dress you choose :)... I'm so glad you had a good time trying on dresses!
    imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • Options

It appears you have the same taste in dresses as I do:) I really like #1 because I LOVE one-shoulder details, so I agree with other posters to try and see if you can either get a discount, if the store is having a sale soon, or shop around and see if you can find it cheaper. Also, since you've already tried it on and know what it looks like on you, maybe you can find it online for cheaper.

• Options

I love the first one too!  The one shoulder, the neckline, the fun tiers at the bottom.  Even without being closed, you can see how the fit is just perfect.  BUT, if there isn't a way to make it work the second one is great too.  Had I not seen the first one, I would have loved the second one just as much.  Does that make sense? :)  The second one feels more romantic and the first one feels more sexy/fun.

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    OMG GORGEOUS!!!!!!  you look awesome in ALLLLLL of them!!   if i had to pick i would say #1....i love that style!   you can definitly find it somewhere cheaper. if u know the style, designer, and size of the dress  bestbridalprices.com  may have it for cheaper..only thing is u may have to find someone for alterations.
  • Options
    ooooh you look so pretty in all of them!  but I wiould have to say #1 too!  love it
  • Options
    Thank so much for all your compliments! You're all so sweet and sure know how to make a girl feel good ;) I am definitely with you ladies and starting to lean towards dress #1. It's just so ME, ya know?! I have been desperately searching online for it but the woman at the dress shop wrote down a style number, but on all the websites the dresses have names, not numbers. I'm going to call the bridal salon again tmrw and ask them for the dress "name" not the number and hopefully that will help me out. I really hope that I can find it online, or somewhere else, cheaper. That is, if I decide to go with that one. Like I said, I'm so indecisive!

Jillian, thanks for recommending that website. I really hope they have it! :)
  • Options

In your pictures I can tell that #1 fits your personality and it looks amazing on you!  I would try and see if there is something in your budget you could cut or ask if they are having a sample sale soon. 

• Options
    I love #1 on you too! I hope you can make it work!
  • Options
    They all look beautiful but I can definitely see why #1 was your fave.  I hope things work out and you are able to fit it in your budget.  If you can't, rest assured you will look amazing in any of those other dresses...  (I kinda liked the one in the last picture as well...)
  • Options
    Awww Amanda!! You look fantabulous!!

I love them all...but I do have to say that #1 is my overall favourite!!

imageimage

Married: November 24 & 25, 2010 in Costa Rica

My Planning Bio - updated 11.14.10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ms. Doodles.  Seriously?  LOOK at yourself in those pictures.  you are stunning in every one, but your face in the #1 dress is completely different then in the other dresses.   thats your dress, girl!!   and its BEAUTIFUL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards