South Asian Weddings

How to? House warming invite

Hey Ladies

The hubz and I are thinking about having a condo-warming...we have a guest list that may be too many people for our small place (if everyone DOES in fact show up).  (I want to word the invite so it doesn't sound rude....help!)

How would you word the invite (we are using the online invite service evite.com) to include the following:

1) BYOB (We'll have munchies, basic drinks/mixes but I'm not sure how long it will last as this is the first time we are doing something like this on our own)
2) We want to tell people that they can stay for however long they want (but I don't want to come off rude by saying that our place is small)

Thanks!

Re: How to? House warming invite

• britishmibritishmi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw one invite where it was kinda like an open house, that you are free to drop by and see your condo between these hours....therefore you hopefully wont get a mad rush at once :)
  • edited December 2011
    I would say can you get the people closer to you to do a pot luck? Maybe that will help with the food issue. When Jeff did his house warming we did all the food and drinks.

You have to like a wedding expect most people to be there so we only invited who we knew would fit in the house. Maybe you can do two. One for family and one for friends so it divides them up.

We have to do anyother House warming apparently when I move in too.
  • edited December 2011
    I vote for the open house option - that might help to make it easier and will let people know that they can come (and go) a little more informally.

I also like DFW's option on splitting up the party into two groups that way you won't be overloaded at once.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do BYOB. But I would do an open house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards