Wedding Woes
Options

GR!! (Rant)

When my Fi and I booked our reception we did so with a very well known venue.  His mom and my dad are both familiar with the owner, (know eachother but are not "friends") Initial deposit was dropped off in May and 50% in Sept.  In sept is when we decided the time of the event, due to changes with the church.  The business is a family business (SIsters T, and K).  Our initial deposit was made with "T".  September's deposit was made with "K".  It was not until December that we foud out the K never write down the time of the event on their paperwork.  They booked another party before us and though my invites were printed adn out, the times needed to be changed.  (I did not have the set time in wriitng, so I cannot really argue here, other than the fact that the time they had makes no sense and either way, the do not have enough time inbetween, even if the time were what they said it was). 
 Other party ends at 5.  Our cocktil hour was supposed to start at 6.  They had us slated for 7.  From what my DJ and florist are telling me even if the CH was 7 it would be very difficult to set up.  
I know better than to yell and scream adn stamp my feet.  I have to accept this.  But do not want to speak to the hall.  I asked my FI to do it.  We agreed that we would only deal with T from now on.  
Problem is, I'm still angry and he thinks im over reacting.  
Now we were told our final will be with K  I got very upset and he told me he isnt dealing with the hall anymore bc I'm never happy.  This is the only thing I have asked him to do and it's bc I know I am upset and angry adn may not be nice to the women at the hall and I would like to avoid bad blood before the big day...advice please??

Re: GR!! (Rant)

• Options
    I'd stop worrying about pissing them off, since YOU are paying THEM, and they don't give a damn about pissing you off.
  • Options
    I agree with Kuus. "T" effed up big time and the venue should be fixing this mistake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you need to call these people out on their shenanigans. if they booked a party before yours, they really should have had your party's time set on paper.

they need to fix whatever mistakes they have made. you are right, stomping your feet and yelling won;t do anyone any hood, so get that out of your system now. i think that since you are theone who wants to deal with T specifically, then you should be the one to call the venue and speak to them about their misinformation. they have your money, so they owe you their service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards