Georgia-Savannah

beach weddings

contemplating a wedding on tybee and a local reception site.  Does anybody have any input as to  "who not to use"??????

Re: beach weddings

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't use the place at the corner of 14th and Butler Ave.  I'm not sure what it is called now.  It used to be called Tybee Trees and was several things before that.  The woman looses her buisness every couple of years due to failure to comply with the terms of her buisness license. 
    She is only allowed to have events with 50 people or less.  She can not serve alcohol unless there is catering company on site who holds a liquor license.  She also has very little parking space.  There is paid parking along the street.
    Friends of ours were married there recently.  They were told they could have 100 people.  They invited 100 and 80 people came.  When we were walking back from the beach where the wedding party pics were taken, we were forced to hide behind a building.  There were cops on site counting guests and they were over by 30 people.  They had us hide because if the cops counted over 50 people, the event would be shut down. 
    Our friends were also told their guests could park in the parking lot of a local church and a shuttle would be provided to drive them the 6 blocks to the venue.  The woman never spoke with the church about using their lot.  The lot was blocked off.  There were also no shuttles because she does not have the taxi permit required of people who offer shuttle services in this county. 
    A guy my H works with has planned their wedding there in Oct.  They have been told they can have 150 people.  They are freaking out right now because they have just learned they can only have 50 according to the permits.  They were also told their guests could park at the Ocean Plaza hotel.  They just learned that the OPH charges a $20 parking fee.  They were also expecting to have beer and wine at their wedding.  They were told the place had a liquor license.  It does not and niether does their catering company. 
    Please don't use this place. 
    My favorite venue on the island is the Tybee Light Station.  You can get married on the North beach and then have your reception at the foot of the light house. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have a who NOT to use, but I WILL recommend Stephen & Jennifer (tybeeislandwedding.com)
    They are AWESOME!! Jennifer helps with the planning and has connections with florists, bakers, venues, etc. and Stephen does the ceremonies.  We were married 5-15-11 on the North end close to the lighthouse - it was awesome! We didn't even meet them until the day of the wedding, but we knew it would be great because we'd communicated with them so much through phone, email, etc. They always respond to any questions right away and Stephen is a great officiant!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree! We are getting married by them in 11 days and Im so excited! I dont live in Ga, and they have been amazing the last few months with helping me corrdinate everything. :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_beach-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:1a4ee51d-6bfa-42fe-ae63-e7b3b1408ec4Post:9ec88fce-0c6a-4728-82f4-1b3e5f74a17f">Re: beach weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a who NOT to use, but I WILL recommend Stephen & Jennifer (tybeeislandwedding.com) They are AWESOME!! Jennifer helps with the planning and has connections with florists, bakers, venues, etc. and Stephen does the ceremonies.  We were married 5-15-11 on the North end close to the lighthouse - it was awesome! We didn't even meet them until the day of the wedding, but we knew it would be great because we'd communicated with them so much through phone, email, etc. They always respond to any questions right away and Stephen is a great officiant!
    Posted by atlshawt[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards