California-Bay Area

Cheap catering?

My total budget was supposed to be 5k, but after glancing at a couple of caterers I'm thinking I may have to bump that up a bit :-( Anyway, I'm looking for a buffet dinner for 100 people. I know that BBQ is often listed as a cheaper option, but we can't do that since I and several guests are vegetarian, and I really don't want to eat veggie burgers on my wedding day. My reception will be dry, so I'll only need basic beverages. I think $25-30pp is my budget limit, since there's usually a 20% service fee and (almost) 10% sales tax on top of that. Any suggestions?

Re: Cheap catering?

• edited December 2011
    This is who I was going with until I found out my venue didn't allow outside food.  The ladies name is Pam Murphy.  Very nice and will work with any budget.  I have 150 and they were able to accommodate me for about 5k including alcohol and desserts.  She also can provide linens, silverware and the like.  HTH  Good luck.  Tell her Cat referred you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simple-Elegance-Events-Catering/180604821977418?sk=info

(408) 490-9972
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where your wedding will be located, but I came across these caterers serving the east bay. Wilma Lott Catering & Haute Stuff catering.
  • edited December 2011
    You may want to look into Mexican restaurants, some of them offer catering and can do a buffet of some sort with meat and non-meat options.
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MichiCateringMichiCatering member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there!  I am with Michi Catering, we service the Bay area and we can put a vegetarian menu together for you easy and affordable!  We are Creative International Michi cuisine and we do everything!  Our restauarnt Michi Sushi is located in Campbell, please come by for a complimentary food tasting, just send us an e-mail at michicatering@gmail.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!  Have a lovely engagement and CONGRATULATIONS!   

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_cheap-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:4391674b-148b-4ebb-8f49-25baccecd9e7Post:7890d36b-a6c4-4897-a500-a3b11afa18f2">Re: Cheap catering?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey there!  I am with Michi Catering, we service the Bay area and we can put a vegetarian menu together for you easy and affordable!  We are Creative International Michi cuisine and we do everything!  Our restauarnt Michi Sushi is located in Campbell, please come by for a complimentary food tasting, just send us an e-mail at michicatering@gmail.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!  Have a lovely engagement and CONGRATULATIONS!     
    Posted by MichiCatering[/QUOTE]

Vendors are not allowed to post on this board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards