Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Want to fire my Photographer

Ok, so I hired a photographer last year. He was great at communication then and even after that. I would send him an email and within a week I would hear back from him. I contacted him in July to see what his schedule was for July and or August to get together and either go to the location or to meet to go over the schedule for the day and the must takes. I sent him the first email on July 24th, and I have not heard from him since. I have emailed him about once a week and still nothing. I sent him an email on the 31st of July starting that he had 2 weeks to get in touch with me or I wanted my money back.I have called and left a message on his business phone and then when I called it today it was not working. I can't leave a message on his cell phone since it is full and i did put in an inquiry into his website. I really want to fire him at this point and get my money back before I can hire someone else. I don't know what to do. How can I fire him if I can't get in touch with him. Also how do I get my money back. I have looked all over the internet for help and I don't know what to do.. HELP!!!!!

Re: Want to fire my Photographer

• Options
    Thnk you for the information. I heard from him and I hoping to set up an appointment with him next week so i can talk to him abotu some of my concerns face to face, but in order to do that I need him to respond once again... I am hopefull. I love his work and I want to work with him. But the communication sucks.
  • Options
    Do you have a contract with him?  If you do you might not get your deposite back.  Many photographers have their deposite non-refundable.  Also, depending how close it is to your wedding if you paid him anything extra that might be non-refunable too.  I would check your contract before sending anything. 

It sounds like this guy is totally in the wrong, but if a contract is signed you might not get your money back.  
  • Options
    Lucy I think you're giving some drastic advice and sort of jumping to a lot of conclusions. The photographer is probably not in breach of the contract for just having a few weeks of communication issues - a breach in contract has to do with services, not communication and planning.

There are other ways to deal with this that don't create an awkward relationship between you and your photographer, especially since the deposit is likely non-refundable and you may or may not have time or extra money to find someone new. July 24 was just two weeks ago - it's entirely possible something is going on in their life right now and they aren't getting back to you as promptly as they were before. Be reasonable, don't jump to the certified letters and threats and all of that nonsense because it's going to effect your relationship and consequently your wedding photos. Just meet up and chat and find out what's going on. Photographers are humans too.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yikes! That is such a scary thing, I know someone who had their photographer disappear after the wedding, never to be found again! She tried to contact him after her wedding and nothing. She has No pics from her wedding. If they are already blowing you off, I think I would look for another photographer, too important of a day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards