Pennsylvania-Central
Options

When should I book my flowers?

Hello!  I am getting married at my grandparents farm in Carlisle on 01/01/2013.  I was wondering when I should book my wedding flowers?  Do you think it's too soon to book a florist? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When should I book my flowers?

• Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, more than a year is much too soon IMHO.  I'd suggest waiting until at least June of next year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that it's ever TOO soon.  Good vendors go fast, so I don't think that you should not contact someone if you know who you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your opinions!  I called and made an appointment at "Weddings and Blooms" in Mechanicsburg.  I think I am going to go for a consultation and then see what their policies are, and how far in advance they book.  It can't hurt to shop around a little.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely shop around!  Flowers are something that get marked up a lot, so just shop around until you get the prices you like!!
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say yes to the shopping around. Consult with 3 florists and see which one you click with. I am using Floral Designs of Mount Joy who I absolutely love. Since you have time find the florist that is best for you based on style and price.
    It's not too early to book! The florists will always take your deposit. The sooner that is out of the way, you can concentrate on other details!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    annie42207annie42207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually just met with the lady that does the flower arangements at costco, waiting to see her proposal, but I think she will be at least 1/2 the cost of the first consultation I went to....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards