Texas-San Antonio

Vendor rejection help please!

Warning: This is going to be long. 

I need photog help. 99% sure we have decided on who I'll call #2. How do I let #1 know we won't be using her?

Background: We love #1 in terms  of personality. She was our first appt and afterward I remember telling FH how much I like her etc etc. Her price is right too. Her pictures are not fantastic which we were on the fence about since day 1. She offered us free e-pics "to see more of her work." We took her up on them to see if we could be won over depending on how they turned out. IMO they turned out better than expected and in comparison with others on her site, I thought they were some of her better ones. I now feel horrible that we won't be using her bc she has been so sweet to us and so easy to work with. FH is still just not convinced and in all honesty, I don't want to be worrying over whether or not we'll have good weddings pics.

#2 is a little more expensive but the pics are way better, I know someone who gave them a glowing recommendation, and their package is for 2 photogs. We also liked them personality wise just not as much as #1. 

Deep down, I know it is the right decision and I don't know why I care so much about photog #1 except for how amazingly nice she has been to us. Ultimately, picture quality and having a second photog won us over. I just don't know how to tell #1.

Help me "break up" with photog #1 and tell me not to be dumb and become "attached" to other vendors before booking with them!! lol 

I'm just the type who will feel guilty forever for not going with #1 even though we will never see or deal with her again.

TIA!
Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013

Re: Vendor rejection help please!

• edited December 2011
    Call the first one and tell her that "Due to unforseen events, I will not be able to use you for my wedding. I am so sorry for this"
  • txcyclisttxcyclist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd just tell her you really like the idea of having two photographers. You don't need a long drawn out explanation.
  • edited December 2011
    Trust me when I tell you that choosing a photographer matters.

I booked a husband wife team for our engagements, which is one of the pictures I have posted here. We set out to get them done, and in the end, I only liked about 20 of the 300 they took. I went solely off of their website, thinking... ohhhh those are sooo good!! Yeah... they were the best of the best. Not an entire shoot. I should have asked to see a wedding from start to finish. When we got the engagements back, I noticed how posed we were, and how every couple they shot had the same poses. I had tanned specifically for them, and I looked ultra white in all of them, because they used flash in the day light. I was so upset. I had to break up with them.

In the end-- we lost a 600 dollar retainer to them, and I had to end up settling for not getting bridals done, because they just were not in the budget anymore. However, I do not regret in any way that I got rid of those other photographers. Break up with her now.. or you will end up losing money like I did. If you want to use her for something else, book her for boudoirs or family photos in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards