Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Advise about photographer and your reception

Hi Knotties!
I was awondering if someone could help me out. I was wondering if It is proper etiquette to feed the photographer at your wedding. This is my first wedding and wasnt sure how this goes. Are you offering to feed yours? Please help, Thank you!!!

Re: Advise about photographer and your reception

• Yes, definitely feed your vendors (don't forget about the DJ or band). In many cases, it's in the vendor's contract that they get fed at the reception. We sat them at tables among our guests because that was their preference, or you could have a table just for the vendors.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Yes, I fed my photographer, DJ and MUA.

• Yes absolutely!  As my photographer put it, she's going to be with us for at least 8 hours and her hands tend to get shaky when she's gone too long without eating!  Usually the facility or caterer will give you a better rate for "vendor" meals or might just throw them in for free if you are having a buffet.
  • We are providing vendor meals (which are a more reasonably priced alternative to what our guests will eat) to our coordnators, DJ, harpist, and photographers.  You don't want them to run off to get food and miss a moment of your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards