Maine

Venue

I know there are tons of posts on here about venues...so I thought I'd add another! Just want names of places in the Portland area for 100-120 people :) Thanks

Re: Venue

• The Regency holds 120 
    Holiday Inn will fit that amount
    The Portland Club

Those are the places I checked out all great venues due to cost and size we ended up with the Holiday Inn. 

Hope this helps!
  • There are 11 threads on the first page alone that have venue names listed in them.

There are 2 in the last 5 or 6 threads.

Many venues are repeatedly recommended in each one.

The fact that you acknowledged all of them, and still felt the need to post a new thread asking the same thing is confusing.  You'll get answers by reading them faster than you will get people to reply in this thread.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow...ok sorry. On to seaching the other threads. 
    Thanks jazmataz25...I'll check those ones out. I appreciate the reply :)
  • Hi mcarroll!
      There are lots of places in the Portland area and I think it all depends on what you envision for your wedding and in the end what your budget is. If you have a little more to spend why not check out the black tie catering co. They have venues you can rent they they are the exclusive catering company of. I almost went through them but found a dream location else where. Black Ties venues are pretty diverse so you should be able to find something with them. Again they can be a little expensive I found though. However, their food/cake is very yummy, my friend went through them for her wedding at The Landing. Don't worry about posting another venue line. Each bride is different, in terms of style, price, location, etc. and it's obvious your excited for your big day. I'd like to think that since were a smaller forum and come from a small community (because Maine in the grand scheme of things is small) that we could be a little more respectful.....
    Good luck planning & congratulations! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_venue-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:4c19d68b-4e28-497b-a1dd-a7fd7d7e6884Post:e1ec2d43-f6ba-4100-b28f-dfa344c56775">Re: Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi mcarroll!   There are lots of places in the Portland area and I think it all depends on what you envision for your wedding and in the end what your budget is. If you have a little more to spend why not check out the black tie catering co. They have venues you can rent they they are the exclusive catering company of. I almost went through them but found a dream location else where. Black Ties venues are pretty diverse so you should be able to find something with them. Again they can be a little expensive I found though. However, their food/cake is very yummy, my friend went through them for her wedding at The Landing. Don't worry about posting another venue line. Each bride is different, in terms of style, price, location, etc. and it's obvious your excited for your big day.<strong> I'd like to think that since were a smaller forum and come from a small community (because Maine in the grand scheme of things is small) that we could be a little more respectful.....</strong> Good luck planning & congratulations! 
    Posted by KatieMarieJ[/QUOTE]

Searching for answers before posting a new question is kind of an etiquette expectation on most of the other Knot boards.  Some of the posters who have been here for eons eat newbies for breakfast when people ask the same question over and over and the answers can be found on the first page of posts.

I've been on this board for over two years now, and I've never seen so many repeated questions as I have the past few months.  It's frustrating to type out a response to someone just to have the same question asked two days later.  Yes, I could copy and paste the same response, but then we end up with a page full of threads with the same topic.  This board used to be super active when I was planning, and now we have threads that are months old still sitting on the first page.  It truly is faster to read through the other posts first to find a variety of answers from other people than to sit and wait for people to answer the same question one more time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i think its great that you are excited for your wedding! and i have no problem answering this question again as i was new on this page at one time too :)  there are many great places in the portland area for a wedding! it really does depend on what kind of feeling you are looking for for your big day!  if you'd like to join us on our facebook page TK maine group, i will gladly invite you and it may be a little bit less stressful and more respectful on there. :) i dont understand why people take the time to post rude comments when they could be helping you plan instead of taking the time to post something that no one cares what they are saying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies...like you said seemed a little rude...and of course I'm excited about my day! I appreciate the support and am going to ignore the negative stuff. Not how I hoped to start my planning but oh well! Thanks for the advice...emailed black tie...seems very nice! Now just waiting :
  • Black tie was always really responsive to me, I worked with Ashley there. You won't have to wait too long!
  • Do you mind if I also add to this group?! :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_venue-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:4c19d68b-4e28-497b-a1dd-a7fd7d7e6884Post:6dc7e38d-44d8-423b-9847-f0a30cd2d2f5">Re: Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think its great that you are excited for your wedding! and i have no problem answering this question again as i was new on this page at one time too :)  there are many great places in the portland area for a wedding! it really does depend on what kind of feeling you are looking for for your big day!  if you'd like to join us on our facebook page TK maine group, i will gladly invite you and it may be a little bit less stressful and more respectful on there. :) i dont understand why people take the time to post rude comments when they could be helping you plan instead of taking the time to post something that no one cares what they are saying.
    Posted by joellennitsche[/QUOTE]
  • thats fine just request an invite
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards