Destination Weddings Discussions

Tell me about your AHR

DW brides, I want to hear all about your AHR's.  Was/will it be a formal celebration, or more low key gathering?  Did/will you wear your wedding dress?  What did/will you do for entertainment.  Did/will you have a wedding cake?  Any suggestions/advice?

Lets hear it...go...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tell me about your AHR

• If we do the AHR it will be in the dive bar where we met. Jukebox, darts and pool will be the entertainment. Will not wear my dress. Will be cake. Lots of cake.

Basically it will be us hanging with our friends, eating, drinking and just hanging out. I don't think it could be more low-key if we tried.
  • We're going to have a celebration and wine tasting.  It will be casual, I am not planning to wear the dress.  We are planning to have a mini wine-tasting class at the beginning, hosted by our wine-tasting instructor (we met in his class).  Then it will be just a cake-and-punch (by cake I mean cupcakes + heavy hor d'oeurves and by punch I mean wine) open house.  We'll have pictures from the wedding, maybe a slideshow. 
  • Ours is quite formal, but we're gearing it more as a "wedding celebration" vs "reception".

We are doing the formal cocktail hour/dinner/dance...entertainment is DJ. Sitdown dinner and open bar. We're doing cupcakes and then a small tier on top that we're saving for anniversary.

We are doing a slideshow of wedding pics running the time we are there.

I am NOT wearing my dress. The only "reception-ish" thing we might do is a first dance since FI really wants one and it's not a hill I want to die on.
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    We are having a backyard luau with a vintage Hawaiian theme. There will be drinks, food, cupcakes, lawn games, photo books from our trip to look through, guest book, favors, dancing and more. We are asking ppl to come dressed in vintage Hawaiian. Which would be dressing up for the 50s and 60s. Instead of a wedding cake, we are having cupcakes.

I was going to wear my dress, but after trashing it, I'm not. I don't want to pay to have it cleaned twice. Instead, I'll be wearing my second dress that I changed into after the reception and wore when we went to the luau for an after party.
  • Our AHR was quite formal - moreso than the wedding.  I wore my gown for about an hour due to popular demand, and then changed into an evening gown for the rest of the event.  We had dinner, a DJ, and dancing all in a hotel ballroom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards