South Carolina

Falls Park

Does anyone know someone - or is anyone that someone - who had their wedding ceremony at Falls Park?  I'm wondering if it's typically an issue getting the date you want.  The lady I just talked to over there was far from helpful.  Basically all she told me was that it's $500 (which seemed a little high for Greenville), and I have to wait until 6 months out to reserve it, which makes me nervous b/c 6 months out is a little close for it to suddenly turn into a crapshoot.

If anyone knows anything more or could point me in the direction of someone who's going to actually be helpful and not act like my phone call's wasting their time, I'd appreciate it!

Anniversary

Re: Falls Park

• MollyW318MollyW318 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.greenvillesc.gov/ParksRec/ShelterGuide/default.aspx

You can look at any of those.  I would think it'd depend on where in Falls Park you want the ceremony since some areas are busier than others.  I'm doing my rehearsal in the Old Mill Garden and that seems to be quite a bit cheaper for weddings according to the website.  One of my friends also recently got married near the Cleveland Park Shelter 3 (by the bridge) and seemed to love it.
  • emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that you must MUST have a back up plan as the park will not let you stake a tent in the event of rain.  They also require all the money up front and there are no refunds.  Just thought I'd mention that. 
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I knew about the no tents and no rain refund.  Miss Delightful filled me in on that.  The reception sites we're looking at have all said they could serve as a rain backup.  We were looking at doing the ceremony in the Old Mill Garden.  I just thought $500 sounded a little steep for basically 2 hours (unless it includes chair rental, too), and I'm a little hesitant to not have the ceremony site finalized until 6 months before the date.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    $500 actually sounds cheap compared to other places in Greenville. Have you looked at the Wyche Pavilion? It is downtown by the river. Across from Falls Park so you can do pictures there. Covered so no rain. Beside the river with a nice covered area for good breezes. Books 1 year in advance so know crapshoot.

Try this link for other venues downtown by Larkins on the River.
    http://www.larkinsontheriver.com/WychePavilionPhotos1.pdf.pdf
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you look at the Pavilion also look at the courtyard at Larkin's.  That's where I'm having my ceremony and it was a lot cheaper than most places.  The Pavilion's prices just went up quite a bit because we were considering moving our ceremony there until we saw the price.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Pavilion and Courtyard are both booked on our date.  We're looking at having the reception in Larkin's Cabaret Room, but need somewhere for the ceremony and loved the idea of Falls Park (especially after we saw it set up for a wedding).  Although, it may be a non-issue since my fiance's related to about half of Easley and our guest list is rapidly getting out of control.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't looked at it a lot but did you look at Mary's at Falls Cottage?
  • emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are actually getting married at Mary's.  So far they have been great!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know how many they can hold?
    Anniversary
  • emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    75. But the cap for a ceremony inside is 41.  Dinner inside with the ceremony out is 63 without using the deck.  If you can use the deck (i.e. no rain) Then you can fit more inside the cottage.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blah.  There's no way we can make that work.  Our guest list is currently 100% out of control at 211, and I think getting it down to 150 is going to be about impossible (although I'm determined to make it happen).  But thanks for the idea!
    Anniversary
  • emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL!! Our guest list was like that too initially. It was the "dream" list but we want an intimate ceremony so we had to make some hard cuts.  Good luck! Have you looked at Zen?
  • emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, or the history musuem.  Unless you are just determined to have it outside.  I also wanted to see Cherokee Valley but could never get in touch with the person in charge of weddings so I just gave up.  That's an idea if you wanted to go that far away
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't looked at Zen - I keep forgetting about it.  And I didn't realize the history museum was an option.  I'll look into that as well.  Thanks!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards