Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Engaged and looking for a ring

My boyfriend just proposed to me and knowing how picky I am with jewelry, he decided to let me pick my ring. The problem is that I just recently moved to Iowa, so I have no idea what good stores are in the area. A further issue is that I do not like the typical engagement rings with a big solitaire rock, or worse, a ton of tiny diamonds everywhere. They are just not my style. I would much rather have pearls or some other stone, such as topaz or aquamarine but I can't find a store online that seems to offer that. If any of you ladies can point out a few jewelry stores in the DSM area that have some selection of such rings, I would be extremely grateful!

Re: Engaged and looking for a ring

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Iowa Diamond is probably your best choice. I've never been there but they always advertise that they have the largest selection of engagement rings
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It isn't in Des Moines but at Ames Silversmiting in Ames you can design your own ring...that is what I am doing for my wedding band.  I don't know if price is an issue for you but they can accommodate just about any price range you might have.

Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestions, klovesd & isufans! I actually live in Ames, so I will check out both.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I second checking out Ames Silversmithing. They do a lot of unique things You can check out their website, but like ISUfans4ever said, they can custom design one for you.

http://amessilversmithing.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My e-ring came from Jared's and we really love store.  They have an in house jewelry repair so you don't ever have to send off your ring!  I have had it resized and just came back an hour or two later to pick it up.

You mentioned that you might want blue topaz as the center stone which made me think of the below ring.  My best friend has it in aquamarine and I looked at it in blue topaz.  I always thought for someone that wanted a colored stone that it would make a gorgeous e-ring.

http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3179407&kpc=1

I swear that it's beautiful in person.  It might not be your style but worth a shot.

GOOD LUCK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards