Maryland

Venue Recomendations for the Eastern Shore

Hi everyone!  I am planning on a July 2012 Wedding for around 125 people and i am getting a little stressed because i still don't have a venue locked down and things are starting to book up.  Does any one have any recomendation or have any information on the following places? 

My top choices so far ar the Historic Tidewater Inn in Easton and the River Plantation.  I am also looking at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club, Harbourtowne Resort, Willow Grande, Wades Point, The Inn @ Huntington Creek and Osprey Point.  Thanks for any info!

Re: Venue Recomendations for the Eastern Shore

• LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tidewater-  We are having a small wedding in Easton this October at a B&B. Since the B&B cannot house all of our guests, we have reserved a room block at the Tidewater. Their sales manager, Lauren, has been great to deal with. She is very responsive and accomodating. And when we considered the Tidewater for our venue we met with the hotel's General Manager, Alex. Alex was also wonderful to work with. It felt like we could be the best of friends. Ultimately the Tidewater booked our date before we made a decision, so we went with another venue. But I would not hesitate to book the Tidewater for another event. The staff and the place itself are so very inviting.

The River Plantation- Mr. LK and I shoot sporting clays there, and it holds a very special place in our hearts. In fact, Mr. LK and the guys will be shooting a round of clays there on the day of our wedding to blow off some steam, and we are shooting our day-after photos there. That is how much we love it.

That said, there was no way in h3ll I would have our wedding there. The wedding coordinator was difficult to deal with from day one. She didn't even show up to our appointment! Someone graciously stepped in to fill her (empty) shoes, and that lady was lovely. But the facts that the wedding coordinator totally blew off our appointment AND never followed up to send us the information that we asked for made it very clear that our business was not wanted. Friends who got engaged shortly after us also had a negative experience with the coordinator, and friends that  got married 3 years ago also had a negative experience. In my book, 3 strikes = out.

Harbourtown is beautiful, but it was well out of our price range, so we didn't bother looking too much. but everythime we drive past it when we are in St. Michales I sigh just a little. It has such stunning views. 
  • GmcburneyGmcburney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thank you both for your input it really was helpful! 

LK im really sorry you had such a negative experience with the River Plantation we met with someone about a month ago she seemed pretty responsive, maybe they have a new coordinator?  But you are the second person that i have talked to who had wonderful things to say about the Tidewater Inn and their staff.
  • ohkkristaohkkrista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. If you've got any questions or want to see prices, let me know and I'll send them to you. Make sure you go on a tour if you're thinking about booking there.. they are really helpful and answer e-mails super quickly!
    The CBBC has minimums of 140-170 people depending on the room you're getting.. not that you have to have that many people, but if you don't you have to at least spend the same amount of money as you would if you did have that many people.
    The people that own the CBBC also own the Tidewater Inn, so I'm sure the service there is also awesome.
    27 of 75 Books annnnnnd Wedding Inspiration
    Sept. 2012 - Ceremony Venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. My sister got married there and it was wonderful! The people were amazing to work with and the night went off without a hitch. A photo from her wedding was recently featured in Baltimore Bride magazine. =)
  • verymegvverymegv member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_venue-recomendations-eastern-shore?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:8fe3f281-3237-4ab0-a082-f2a921c7eb2dPost:2e2fa66f-3de4-44b5-9219-185c86c6577a">Re: Venue Recomendations for the Eastern Shore</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. If you've got any questions or want to see prices, let me know and I'll send them to you. Make sure you go on a tour if you're thinking about booking there.. they are really helpful and answer e-mails super quickly! The CBBC has minimums of 140-170 people depending on the room you're getting.. not that you have to have that many people, but if you don't you have to at least spend the same amount of money as you would if you did have that many people. The people that own the CBBC also own the Tidewater Inn, so I'm sure the service there is also awesome.
    Posted by ohkkrista[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>i'm also getting married at the beach club and i can share advice and how my experience has been.</div><div>
    </div><div>and their minimums are lower than that, one of the rooms seats around 125, minimum of 100 people</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards