Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Reasonable Venue

I am having a hard time finding a venue that is reasonable.  I am looking for a venue that will hold 150 people and where I can keep the budget about 7k. I want it to be a cocktail reception not sit down.  We want it to be a dance party.

Really, I would like for it to be a lounge/night club.  Any suggestions?

Re: Reasonable Venue

• edited December 2011
    What area are you looking in?  In the city/Delco/Bucks? 

I know some friends who have rented like a warehouse-type space for a party like that before.  The one they use is actually in Wilmington, Delaware, and it's the rehearsal space of an Opera company.  I would look into some off the beaten path places.  Because if try to rent a restaurant, they are going to want to sell you a sit down dinner.  And renting out a club is not going to be cheap. 

There are a ton of theatres in the area... see if they rent out their rehearsal space.  It's most likely a blackbox theatre, which is like a blank canvas.  You can turn that into whatever you want.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • jada77jada77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! That is a good idea.  I will do a search
  • FutureMrsT04FutureMrsT04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are interested in the Bucks County area there is a place called Occasions in New Hope.  Its a super-trendy, artsy, converted factory.   I find them to be very accomadating.  I'm having a 5 hour reception for 140 ppl all for $9000.00 (including alcohol) You can PM me if you want more info! Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards