June 2013 Weddings

ahhhhhhhhh! please help

Okay....let me start by saying i am so frustrated... i dont even know where to start planning this wedding....i know i need a house once im finished this wedding so im trying to plan an elegant....but inexpensive wedding and it seems so hard....any advice....

Re: ahhhhhhhhh! please help

• First of all, take a deep breath and relax! Look around TK and other boards, that'll help you figure out what you want. Once you pick a date and book a venue...everything else will fall into place. 

Don't get overwhelmed...take it piece by piece.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As PP said BREATH! It will be ok!  First thing to do is pick a date, which because you are in a month board I am guessing you already have.  Then pick out a few things that are really important to you and your FI like photography and food so you can put most of your budget towards these and reduce costs on things that are not as important to you.

The DIY board and budget board have really helped me out trying to find creative, unique, and inexpensive touches to add.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. lol. Ok. So like PP, I'm guessing you have a date? check. What about a venue? Then you can pick some colors. Then I don't really know what comes next. But just take it one step at a time. If you try to go in full throttle, your gonna wreck. Big time. Just do one task and when you finish it, move to the next. It will make things sooooo much easier.

The DIY and budget boards can be awesome (like PP said). FI and I are saving for a house too so we are trying to stay on the budget that my parents have given us.

I would try to make anything that you can possibly make. I have found (in most cases) that it's cheaper to do that. Good luck.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PPs. It is so much easier to do one thing at a time. I go in order of importance. I started with the reception venue, then ceremony venue, and then photographer. Next I am on to a DJ after a much needed vacation. Instead of setting a specific date, I would just pick a time frame or month. A lot of venus are already probably booking up for June 2013, so you may not get your first choice date, so be flexible!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • OP, before you pick a venue decide firmly on a budget.  Be realistic, and include EVERYTHING so you have a grasp on what it will all actually cost. Once you know what you can afford you will feel much better having conversations with venues/caterers (this will take up about 50% of your budget) and even choosing ones which will fit that budget.

I"m not having a low budget wedding but am also saving for a house and have been saving for so long that I found it really difficult and stressful  to think about spending the money (any money) on just one day. But I'm coming to terms with it and trying not to stress.  You can do this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Baltimore, talk to me.  What type of venue do you consider "elegant"?  I can help a little bit since I am from the area and have done my venue search, but I am a bit more rustic so I am not really familiar with all the normal wedding-y venues, but I think I can help.

As PPs have said, first things first, what is your budget?  You and FI need to work out how much you have to spend on a wedding and still afford your home.  Then, hash out the guest list, and come up with a number.  Share this back with me or other Bmore brides on the local board so we can try to help (along with you and Fi's style style, ballroom, on the water, barn, gallery/loft, mansion, gardens, etc.)

FI and I are country people, so we opted for a barn at a historic mill that has pretty grounds and gardens.  

And last, DO NOT worry too much.  No matter what, it will come together, there will be bumps in the road but in the end it's you and him and a beautiful wedding.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards