Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Wedding Website

I just worked on our wedding website today ( the one for the guests, not my weebly Bio) because we just sent out the STD's and our website is on there. I guess primarily because almost all our guests are from out of town so I wanted them to have alot of opportunity to plan for it. Anyways, my point and question is:

Did anyone else feel weird putting personal things on the website? For instance, I put our proposal story on the website and for some reason I feel weird about it. I think we are both really private people so it feels weird that stuff like that is on there.

yes, yes, I know: these people are invited to be guests at our wedding! But- just some of them who I don't know very well but are close friends of parents or similar.

Re: Wedding Website

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is weird I agree with you. We are really private too so to me the whole wedding process is like one giant invasion into our personal lives. I freak out when I think of all of our family watching us exchange vows. To me that is a very personal and private thing and yet I just invited a 170 to come witness it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think it was weird at all.  I think people are really excited to read about it (that way you don't have to tell the story 1,000 times either).  I am a semi-private person but when it comes to really exciting things (marriage, baby, etc) I am all for sharing.

As for your parents friends and such that you don't know very well...they have maybe known you since you were little because of being friends with your parents and like to see what a young woman you have grown to be.  At least that is how it is with my parents friend's.  I don't know them that well...but when I do see them...they can't believe how grown up I am.

It may seem weird to you...but I think they really appreciate it and like it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt kinda odd about some of it. Some info, like the specifics of the proposal, I didn't add. I did, however, add bios for each of us so that our familiies could learn about the person they don't really know yet. That was really, really strange. It almost felt like a Christmas brag letter.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah and the thing is I always really enjoyed seeing other peopls websites- but for some reason I put mine up there and it feels... weird!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't put our proposal story on there.  you can disable any of the pages if you want to  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put that on there, usually I'm a pretty private person but for some reason wedding related stuff hasn't bothered me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards