Moms and Maids
Options

What to do with an extra girl?

We have had our wedding party picked out for quite a while and want the same number of men and women, however I have one friend (female) that I really want to include somehow and we don't really have another male to add in to the wedding party.  Any suggestions on what I could do to include her?  We're having a VERY short outdoor non-religious ceremony.
Thanks!!

Re: What to do with an extra girl?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can she not just walk by herself after the other pairs? If she wouldn't mind, I don't see why it would be a problem, unless the unevenness of the sides would really bother you. For such a short non-traditional ceremony outside, I don't see why there would need to be the same number of bridesmaids and groomsmen. The guests will not care, I'm sure. If she's important to you and you want to include her, I say go for it.
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tip: Put XP in your post line when you ask on multiple boards. That way, others will know they already answered your question elsewhere. 

=D
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_extra-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:7bb3b91e-87d7-4255-8f9e-1af19724eb7aPost:124800c8-1370-4111-95ae-22133dc9ee59">Re: What to do with an extra girl?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having uneven sides and couldn't care less.  My marriage will still be valid.  If she means that much to you, ask her to be a bridesmaid.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

This. I would not choose an arbitrary number over a friend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    lynxbbgirllynxbbgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about asking her to be a reader? It doesn't have to be really religious, our isn't at all.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aside from making her a bridesmaid (I'm sure there is more to it than uneven sides that we don't know about in your post...) there are two things I can think of:
    She could do one of your readings at your ceremony or she could be your MC if you think she could do a good job of it!

Also, re: the post above about pictures, I get what you're saying entirely but there is nothing stopping her from having a couple girlfriends of hers come by for pictures as well so that they are always in her memories of the day and make them feel special that way too.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You're pairing up male and female?

They're walking down an aisle, not having sex.  They don't have to be coupled
  • Options
    KaitlinRichKaitlinRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trust me, I understand the delima and feel the same way. (I like the look of symmetry too)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards