Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!!

Happy Hump Day!  I'll be one happy girl when this week is over! Work is overwhelmingly busy.  It is either feast or famine around here!

I've started to print/cut out the inserts for the invites, well that was until my paper cutter broke.  Super glue to the rescue, hopefully it will be as good as new (still waiting for it to dry as of last night).

Hope everyone has a great day!
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Good Morning!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  I slept in until 7:30 today and boy did it feel good!  I have my last pan of cookies in the oven and am feeling pretty good.  (White chocolate raspberry bars)  Yesterday I just did a bunch of little things-laundry, printed out our HM packing lists, spoke with just about every vendor I have (they all began calling and e-mailing yesterday).  So I feel confident they are on the ball.  I'm packing for Pittsburgh and the HM today since I'm going home at 7am tomorrow morning.  SO cleaning the house and packing will be the majority of the day for FI and I.
    Meg-I hope your paper cutter is fixed-so annoying when you are workign hard and something breaks.  Hope work slows down a bit for you as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    abbys0420abbys0420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather: Yay for sleeping in! Today is the first day of my summer vacation (got my classroom all packed up yesterday) and I am enjoying the freedom of being able to do absolutely nothing today. The cookies sound yummy!

Duq: Hope the paper cutter works out :)

Happy Wednesday!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies!
    I'm SUPER excited! We're leaving for vacation tonight! Our flight is out at 7:15pm and I'm leaving work around 3:00 today so it **should** be a short day (although I know it's going to go ridiculously slow!) I can not wait to get out of here too! lol... I desperately need a break from the stresses of this place!

M - I'm so sorry work is super crazy for you~ I hope things slow down a bit! Although, at least for me, I like it when I'm busy b/c the day flies by! Hope your paper cutter works again!

H - omg you are SO close now!!! I can't believe how calm you still are! That is so great - your day is going to be amazing!!

Abby - YAY for being done w/ school for the year!! :) woohoo!

• Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Morning everyone! Had my alarm set for 5am this morning with full intentions of doing a 7am spin class but hit snooze until 6-oops! My shower is Sunday though and I want to fit in that dress, darnit!

Meg-G/L with the paper cutter!

Heather-I'm so excited for you!!

Abby-yay for the end of a school year!

G: Have a great vacation!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! My boss is ducking out to watch the US vs. Algeria at 10. *sigh* It's not too busy though, at least that's what he says. Gee, wish I could get away with stuff like that! It's another hot one- 97 today. We're hosting the marriage tune-up group at our place tonight- not totally looking forward to that, mainly b/c we have so much clutter and no room to store things. I know they don't care, but I feel embarrassed.

Meg- Good to see you- I hope work slows down for you soon, and that your paper cutter is good as new!
    H- 3 days- nearly 72 hours!! GL with the cleaning and packing today!

Abby- I am jealous- enjoy your first day of vacation!

G- Have a wonderful time on vacation!
    Jamie- I give you credit for even trying to get up at 5!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning all,

Well, we stuck to our guns last night and the puppy slept in her bed on the floor, and we slept pretty good! I had a few beers witha  colleague of mine last night, and I told FI to put dinner (enchiladas) in the oven to heat them. When I got home, he did that, but nothing else, he didn't do the dishes, which is the #1 thing we fight about because we don't have a dishwasher in our pre-war apartment. We got in a fight and he said that I should've told him to do the dishes. Yeah, right. If I told him that, he'd get mad because I'd be "nagging him". Oy, oh well, we made up and alls well that ends well.

H- Can you please send me that recipe?! Those sound delicious! I'm so happy that everything is going smoothly as of now!

Duq- GL with your paper cutter!

Abby- Enjoy your first day of vacation

GMC- Have a super fun trip and a safe flight! When do you get back?

Jamie- Just try to eat extra healthy today. :) I'm sure you will fit into your shower dress!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JamieK - I totally hear you on sleeping in! I find myself constantly making excuses to not work out :( I just hate it! lol...

Kim - sorry about your boss! He sounds like a real jerk :( I hope it's not too busy for you today! Also, I am RIGHT there with you on the apartment situation! I feel like I have no space to put ANYTHING! It drives me crazy! I just want a bigger place... I'm sure your friends wont mind but I completely understand that you feel embarrassed - I feel the same way :(

J - Sorry to hear about your fight! FI and I fight constantly about cleaning related things! I feel like I am always cleaning and he does nothing... he just sits on his butt and watches tv or plays video games! I mean, how hard is it to clean up after yourself?!? Well - I'm glad to hear you made up ;) We'll be away until July 4th! So 10 days! woohoo! I'm so excited!! Then my office has off on July 5th to observe the 4th of July so that's an 11 day vaca for me!
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I am feeling so much better today, I was so tired and cranky yesterday! I got home pretty late so I just went to bed. I went to the gym this morning and took my time coming in since I've been having late nights and I have another one tonight, although I should make it home by 7:30. We're planning on making burgers and home made jalapeno poppers on the grill tonight.

Meg- I hope your work slows down and your paper cutter is fixed!
    Jamie- Yay for the last batch of cookies!
    Gianna- yay for vaca! I'm so jealous! I hope you have great weather!
    Jamie- That was totally me the other day, sometimes you just need to sleep!
    Abby- I am also jealous of you and all the teachers! I wish everybody just got the summer off!
    Kim- That's kind of lame he's leaving work to watch soccer.. can't he put it on in the office and work at the same time? No wonder he ticks you off so much!

JL- I totally sympathisze! DF NEVER does the dishes! So annoying! haha oh and if I ask, I would be a nagger too!
    Have a great day ladies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jl- Sorry to hear about your little spat. Men.. oy. Yay for the pup sleeping in her own bed!

ros- I really do like my boss since he's so laid-back, but a little too laid-back sometimes. No TV in his office, and he didn't want to watch it in the conference room b/c he'd rather go somewhere where other people are watching it too. *eyeroll*

ETA: He told me I can take 1 1/2 or 2 hours for lunch instead of my hour. Fine, that's nice I guess except I have no where to go! I can't sit in the lunch room for that long without people wondering, and I can only sit outside for so long b/c it's so freaking hot out. Guess I could go to Starbucks, but I'm not really in the mood...

• Options
    edited December 2011

G-have an amazing time in Florida!
    Kim-don't worry about the clutter, but I knwo how you feel.  That stinks your boss is ducking out early!

Jaime-Have a great shower on Sunday!  Where are you having it?

J-I totally hear you on the dishes-we don't have a dishwasher either and it's always a struggle.  Glad you had a fun night out though.

Trish-YAY for going to the gym, and hope you have a good night!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Heather: Its at South Hills Country Club. 98 people are coming! Smile
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies, sorry I'm late this morning... I was at the bar ;)  No joke!  A bunch of us decided to go this soccer pub at 7 AM this morning to get a table for the US-Algeria game, and it was SO FUN!  The plan was hatched last night when we hosted a World Cup themed beer club.  Other than that, we picked up our wedding rings yesterday, I worked on our programs, and I went to Zumba.

Gianna, have so much fun on vacation!  I hope your weather is perfect!
    Hi Meg, nice to "see" you!  Good luck with the super glue and the invitations.
    Heather, you're so close!  Hope the packing goes well.  All your cookies sound deeeeelicious.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Jamie! That's the size of my whole wedding!! :)
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards