Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement pictures?

What is or did everyone do for their engagement pics? We plan on going in a few weeks
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar image

Re: Engagement pictures?

• Options
    We just got them taken down by the riverfront in our city, as well as by some older buildings downtown that had a lot of character. It was freezing outside in Nov., so it wasn't necessarily the most pleasant experience! Really you can do whatever you want. I'd talk about your ideas with your photographer and get his/her suggestions too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    We didn't have professionally done engagement photos. I think it's fine for the people who want them done, but it just wasn't for us. My fiance thinks it's a very self-important thing to do, and I kind of agreed with him. I've seen a lot of engagement photo sessions from different couples and a lot of them seemed phoney, awkward and over-posed. They also all seemed to have the same poses, that no one would ever do in real life (i.e. a couple standing in the middle of a field, facing different directions and staring into space). I would honestly laugh out loud if our photographer told us to stand in any cheesy poses, and it just wouldn't seem like us. However, I did want some nice photographs of us, that only we would have. A close friend of ours who has a good camera, and does photography as a hobby offered to take pictures for us. We're both big Giants fans, so he took a picture of us in our jerseys. He also took a picture of us smiling while getting drinks at our favorite bar. These things seemed more like our personalities, and it saved us a ton of money. 

I guess it would depend on what kind of couple you two are. If you're both artistic, and like being the center of attention, then it could be a good time for you. But don't do anything that seems fake. My future brother-in-law hates his engagement photos. They look awkward in every picture, and it seemed like a waste of money. The photographer told them to stare into each other's eyes for half the pictures, and they both just look constipated because they were holding back laughter. Make sure you tell your photographer what kind of photos you want!
  • Options
    We did just the "normal" engagements if you will, but we have an awesome photographer who is very creative. So we went to an old train depot and had ur pics there...we got some great textures from the old building and stuff.  And I also wanted to incorporate something personal in our pics - so this is what we did.  My FI proposed to me with a cupcake...it was so cute!!  So we took cupcakes with us to our engagment session, and we used candles with our wedding date on them.  I absolutely loved the way they turned out!!  Those are some of my favorite ones.  We ended up smashing the cake in each other's faces, so some of the pics have frosting on our faces.  And it totally captured our personality together.  I love them!!
    Here is a link to our blog, if you want to check out a couple of the pics:

http://joshnmelinda2012.blogspot.com

Another thin that one of my friends did is write on the bottom of her shoes (a tennis shoe type bottom I guess is the best way to describe it.  One of the shoes said "I kinda like him" and the other one said "J/K I really love him!".  That was adorable!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We got them done at 3 different locations and it was a 2 hour session. All are in my bio but here are my favorites from each location

Location 1:

Location 2:

Location 3:

It was included in our package and we also got a DVD of all of them to print ourselves

• Options
    We got are done at Picture People we did a few diff one...like he is a fireman and iam a in the EMS field so we did some to do with what we both love doing and then some very nice picture and nice outfits...but they all came out perfect
  • Options
    We just had a co-worker of mine who was taking a photography class come to the location where fiance proposed, we dressed in the same outfits we were wearing, and my co-worker took pictures.  We didn't want to spend money on professional photos but for the price of treating my co-worker to lunch afterwards we did get some cute shots.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    We had pro engagement pictures done. Our wedding is going to be rustic/fall themed, so we intentionally had ours done this past October in rural places with all the foliage.  It was amazing and worth every penny because we love our pictures. I actually want to get more done!  Advice: multiple outfits.
  • Options
    We aren't doing them.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have a good camera and a tripod. So we went out to a lakeside that has some cool looking trees and did them ourselves. It was quite a workout running back and forth to press the button (set the camera to do 5 shots per button press), but the results looked as good as my parents professionally done photos at the same place. My mom was quite happy that I saved a few hundred bucks, and I am quite happy with the results and the overall experience. It was a fun afternoon with my FI without the pressure of getting it all done in a certain time, or someone we didnt know doing them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards