Ohio-Columbus
Options

Dying to know!

Hi ladies!  I'm a former knot girl - I've been married since August 08.  My favorite part about weddings are the beautiful wedding gowns so with the new bridal store Big Rock Little Rooster just opening I'm just dying to know if anyone has gone there and what it's like?  Are the dresses super expensive?  I hear they have Vera Wang.  Did anyone actually buy their dress from there?   I really want to go in and look but I hear they close anytime they have an appointment.   So if anyone has any insight I would love to hear it. 

G

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dying to know!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have known Rebecca, the owner, and Kristin, the shop manager, for a long time and was super excited when I found out the shop was opening. They have only been open for a few months but have already had so much buzz and store traffic. Had I known before I bought my dress that the shop was going to open I probably would have waited and bought from them instead. I ended up buying my accessories there (and I am so excited because my  accessories are supposed to come in the beginning of January)! 

They carry high fashion designer lines, many of the ones Saks carried when they still had their Columbus salon. Many of the girls here would probably say the prices are too high (basically unless you want a Vera bridesmaid dress as your wedding dress expect to pay above $2,000), but I think their prices are reasonable. They are given a range from the designer reps of prices and they choose the lower end of range (it's true- Kristin showed me some of the ranges herself- the prices aren't marked up very much). I got 3 custom accessory pieces from Haute Bride for just over $400 including tax, and the pieces are really high quality. 

But Kristin and Rebecca are so amazing, genuine, honest, and just flat out great people that will give you 100% attention (that's another reason why they close for appointments, as many other salons in Columbus are by appointment only). The best time to see the store, if you just want to check it out, is to come see them at Gallery Hop- the next hop they'll be doing is in February. Hope this helps to answer some of your questions! (Oh and I don't work for them. They are just good friends of mine. Hope that clears up any issues for anyone who might report me for just putting in a good word about the shop and my experience.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool!  I love the look of it from high street and my father-in-law did the POS system for them so I've been in the know about it for awhile but haven't made it in to check it out. 
    G

• Options
    New MILNew MIL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a weird sounding conversation
  • Options
    New MILNew MIL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you sure you're not Rebecca and Kristin using different user names????
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    New MIL, I don't think that's fair to assume. You can click on their name and clearly see that they are not Rebecca or Kristen.

Back to the post, I had a friend go into the store ad love it but she's really into labels thoughl. I'm scared to step into the place becasue the starting price for dresses is way out of my budget. I didn't think about jewelry though, maybe that will be my excuse to go and check them out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NewMIL-Clearly I am not Rebecca or Kristin because if you take the time to look at my bio, look at my other posts, and look at the date I joined The Knot 5 YEARS AGO when I first got engaged, you can see I am not either of them. I don't just pull other wedding details and advice I put in my posts like that out of nowhere. Maybe do a little bit of research before you make assumptions. 
    Shae-  Thanks for the comment. The jewelry is definitely worth the visit. They have quite a few pieces in the store, but also have an extensive catalog that you order from, which is what I did with 2 out of my 3 pieces. They also have great gifts (especially for BMs), and everything in the store is for sale, including the fixtures. 
  • Options
    chaseglchasegl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried on dresses there and loved the experience.  They have dresses no one else in Columbus carries (Vera Wang, Kenneth Pool, Christos, Amy Michelson).  Yeah, the lines they carry are more high end, but their prices aren't bad compared to other bridal stores with the same line.  I fell in love with two dresses there, but ultimately decided that it just wasn't worth it to me to spend $5K on a dress.  Definitely worth a visit, though. Great dresses! The ONLY down side I noticed was that their dresses seem to be smaller than other places.  I'm pretty small, so it wasn't really a problem for me, but I think even a girl who wears a street size 6 would find some of the dresses there really snug/tight.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Every time I get my hair cut in the Short North I have to walk past this store.  The dresses are beyond amazing!  I may have to check out their accessories since I already have a dress.  My friend bought her veil there and really enjoyed the experience too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I walked by there last month and was just looking in the windows - they were closed, but then one of the girls was in there, and opened the door and invited me in to take a look! She said I would be more than welcome to come by after I got my dress in (I'd already bought my dress) and they'd style me. Looks like a VERY cool store!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards