North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Bridal Party Gifts

Can anyone give me suggestions on bridal party gifts?  All I have is a MOH and my futurue step daughter as the Jr. Bride.  I'd like to get them something unique and something they'll like and appreciate, especially my MOH.  Everything that I can find online or anywhere else is your typical cliche gifts but I'd like to steer clear of those.  Any ideas?

Anniversary

Re: Bridal Party Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011

I got each of my girls nice beach bags and towels.  The bags I got could easily be used for other purposes besides the beach.  I would just make whatever you get be good quality.  I am sure they will be appreciative to whatever you give them. To add something to my MOH I got her a gift card to her favorite sushi place.  My MOH was my sister and she is still in college so a gift card for her was perfect.  I had also thought about doing somthing specific for each of my girls.  One of my bridesmaids loves celebrity gossip so i was going to get her a couple subscriptions to gossip magazines.  Another cute idea is creating a purse for each of them.

Here is an example of a place
    http://www.1154lill.com/

• Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my MOH & BM custom made necklaces & earrings from an etsy.com seller who also is a personal friend. I've found that etsy is an awesome place to look for unique and personalized gifts.

Here's her info in case you're interested: www.etsy.com/people/charitypooledesign?ref=pr_profile">charitypooledesign

And here's the necklace she made for my MOH (her name starts with a J)

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my girls the Pandora bracelets that you can add the charms too.  Not the ones with the glass beads, but the actual charms.  That way, they can add more to it as the years go by.

I will probably get them 2 charms to start off with.  1 with something that represents each of them and the other will be of a starfish since that is my theme, so I will always be close to each of their hearts.  I know...mushy-gushy kind of stuff huh?  lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow OBX.  That's some nice "coin" your parting with! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info ladies and gent.  They're both great ideas...I'll definately check out etsy and I LOVE the Pandora bracelet but unfortunately a little out of my price range.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_bridal-party-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:c6875e90-ab68-4739-aeea-a6b0d420373aPost:a455093b-2ca9-4582-84b0-356de6d08283">Re: Bridal Party Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow OBX.  That's some nice "coin" your parting with! :-)
    Posted by Phillyboy06[/QUOTE]

BBoo does jewelry on the side and she can get the bracelet for super cheap so I'm really only paying for the charms.  It worked out to be about $30 a bracelet otherwise I would not be going that route

• Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_bridal-party-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:c6875e90-ab68-4739-aeea-a6b0d420373aPost:c2f33a44-7951-43ff-b7b4-b78d5afb1b3d">Re: Bridal Party Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal Party Gifts : <strong>BBoo does jewelry on the side</strong> and she can get the bracelet for super cheap so I'm really only paying for the charms.  It worked out to be about $30 a bracelet otherwise I would not be going that route
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

Oh, do tell.  I used to be in jewelry too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I belong to a group that orders from FireMountainGems.  They have Dione that is just like Pandora.  Like all the cheapie places, you can get plated, but their sterling silver caprice chains are very nice. 

http://www.firemountaingems.com/dione.asp?WT.ac=H1110614

I am seriously thinking about doing this kind of stuff when I retire.  Or after I get OBX married off.  HA HA

For her necklace, I am using antique crystals that were her grandmothers to make a floating necklace.  And some dangly earrings.

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are doing a welcome bag for my bridesmaids with some cheapy flip flops that match their dress, probably Old Navy, OBX key chain bottle opener and bottle coozie.  We are going kind of cheap on this because we are paying for pedicures for the whole bridal party (including myself and FMIL and MOB) before the bridal luncheon.  Plus I have 2 MOH and 4 Bridesmaids ;)

Boderboo - thanks SO much for the wedding brochure template.  I have personalized to my taste and with my colors.   It looks so amazing :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    keb2482, you must send me a copy.  You have the addy.

And you are very welcome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    boderboo would you mind sharing the wedding brochure template with another future bride?!  if you don't mind my email is lindsaystief@cox.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my girls a beach bag(once I find a nice one at a reasonable price)!!! A pair of Old Navy flip flops, a beach towel, Mary Kay sun/skincare products(got a great deal through my cousin who is a consultant), an anklet and earrings or bracelet. I was going to get them a necklace to wear for the wedding but with the dress they can;t really wear it, so thats why i was thinking earrings or bracelet.
    As a personal touch I am writing each of them a "letter" letting them know how much their friendships mean to me and so forth.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having any bridesmaids but I got my sister a personalized hankie that says "Amy, for more than just my sister, you are my closest friend. Today would not be the same without you near. Love always, Lisa 08.15.11"
    I got it from http://www.etsy.com/shop/EmbroiderybyLinda It's not my personal taste but it is my sister's.
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, OBX, you got KSJ talking about these Pandora bracelets for the BM's.  You and I need to "talk" about some "things". Smile 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_bridal-party-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:c6875e90-ab68-4739-aeea-a6b0d420373aPost:da820d55-97f7-4fa0-b505-0346044fa14b">Re: Bridal Party Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, OBX, you got KSJ talking about these Pandora bracelets for the BM's.  You and I need to "talk" about some "things".  

LMAO!!!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_bridal-party-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:c6875e90-ab68-4739-aeea-a6b0d420373aPost:da820d55-97f7-4fa0-b505-0346044fa14b">Re: Bridal Party Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, OBX, you got KSJ talking about these Pandora bracelets for the BM's.  You and I need to "talk" about some "things".  

Totally dying of LMAO over here! 

BBoo can get the bracelet super super cheap, so the BM's will think this is a super-nice gift but the best part, is that you two know that you didn't really break the bank.

Us women are masters of good shopping deals :)  We shall teach you this my grasshopper, lol

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Ldybug....you got me all teary-eyed over here with that hankie.  LOVE it :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OBX- you should have seen me ordering the hankies- I was a teary mess!  My mom's says "Mom,To Dry Your Tears As You Have Dried Mine. With All My Love, Your Daughter Lisa 08.15.11"
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ldybug78- I just got chills when I read your last post... such a sentimental gift! Very special!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OBX....any way we can get the great deal on the pandora braclets?! Worth it to ask. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards