Plus-Sized

Favorite Plus Size Dress Websites?

Hi all!

My mom is having a really hard time finding a dress that fits well and looks great on her.  We've looked at a bunch of different stores, but we're not having a lot of luck.  She's about 5' tall, so a petite would fit her best, but it's so hard to find nice plus size dresses, much less petite plus.  She won't say it, but I can tell she's getting really frustrated.  *sigh*

So, I'm hoping someone could recommend a website that you've had a good experience with.  I can do a google search for 'plus size dresses' so I don't need a regurgitation of that, I'd really like some personal experiences with customer service, quality of fabric/workmanship, etc.

Thanks so much!!

Re: Favorite Plus Size Dress Websites?

• http://www.artsywedding.com/

Not only are the dresses there super beautiful and super cheap, but they fit you for the sizes you need. Petite to plus-sized. I'm Muslim and most Islamic outfits PERIOD (much less special occasions) are built smaller, so finding a dress for me for a special occasion at a size 22 was almost impossible. I was able to find an AMAZING culturally accurate dress in MY size for under $200. I'm so happy. You can even ask them to make the dresses in different colours. Not to mention they have 24-hour customer support. I love that site.
  • I would check Carson's (which is the same company as Herberger's and Younker's), Macy's, Lane Bryant, Catherine's, and Dress Barn.  She has lots of options!

• I am planning to order all my dresses at www.inweddingdress.com.  Their prices are amazing and they actually make the dresses to your exact measurements!  All my bridesmaids and myself are plus size so I think this going to be a lifesaver. 
  • 4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm not the OP, but I wanted to thank everyone for the above links!  comeongetdown - my mother is having the SAME problem (also lives in NC) and is hoping she's going to be able to find something this weekend in Maryland when she comes up for my bridal shower.  It's getting very frustrating.

I'm going to ask on my local boards as well, but does anyone know anywhere other than David's and Catherine's in the Baltimore area that has MOB dresses, sized around 20W?

I'm also going to forward her the above links but she is very wary of buying clothing online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards