Kentucky-Louisville
Options

My Bachelorette Party

Hi Ladies,

I need some advice for my bachelorette party.  I do not live in Louisville, but I am originally from there.  I have decided to have my bachelorette party in Louisville because it will always be home to me!  I am figuring we will all come down have hotels and go to 4th street.  Since a lot has changed since I last lived there I need some ideas on fun restaurants to go for dinner near 4th street?  What are the best bars/clubs at 4th street?  Is Marriott probably the best hotel to stay at?  I am not planning my own bachelorette party but I want to be able to at least make suggestions to my MOH since she is in the midst of planning and have NEVER been to Louisville.

TIA for all your help girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
220 Invited image 163 Attending image 57 Declined image 0 Not Replied image
RSVP Date: June 18th

Re: My Bachelorette Party

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about bars at 4th St, but I have heard Howl at the Moon is great if dancing isn't your thing. As for restaurants, Z's Fusion (same people as Z's oyster bar) is a great place thats on 4th st, but a few blocks north of Fourth St Live. Food is great, but I'm not sure how much you and your friends want to spend. Also, I have no idea what the atmosphere is like at night. Proof is nearby, but a little more upscale. There are tons of fun, uniquely Louisville places in the Highlands.. just a short cab ride away. There is a hibachi grill right accross the 2nd street bridge in IN that is good. And Rocky's (also right accross the bridge in IN) has a great patio and perfect view of the city (one of my fav. places to take out of towners just because of the view).
  • Options
    faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything is pretty much at 4th St. Live!.  There's a Hard Rock Cafe and lots of other bars and restaurants there.  I haven't been down there since I last lived in Louisville (I live in Lexington) and my fiance was only 19 at the time so we didn't do anything... except Hard Rock.  But if you stay down at 4th St., there will be a million things do to right in that little center.

I'll second Emily, I love going to Rocky's just for the view of the Louisville skyline.  
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hyatt is really easy to walk to 4th Street from, or the Hilton if you want more upscale.  For me, though, the crowd there is a bit young - I'm 30, and it feels like most of the girls at 4th street turned 21 about 5 minutes ago.  I like the highlands a LOT better, but there aren't really any hotels there that are super convenient/walkable.  You'd definitely need a cab. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards