New Jersey - South
Options

HELP looking for a Beach/Bay Tent/Outside Wedding

Hi I am currently looking to have a tent/outside wedding/reception somewhere along the Jersey Shore. I am intersted in anywhere from Cape May to Sandy Hook, a tent/covered area that is either already available (prefer) or needs to be put up. Anywhere with beach or bay views. Looking to house 200 guests can be private residence to rent. Lookingto get married from April - Oct very flexible. Any help would be greatly apprecaited!!! 

Re: HELP looking for a Beach/Bay Tent/Outside Wedding

• Options
    OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My friend had her wedding at Merri makers in Sea Girt.  The ceremony was right on the beach (it is private beach access in this area) and then the reception was on a 2nd floor ballroom that had beautiful ocean views.  The whole wedding was great!  I was a BM and from start to finish they really took care of the bride & groom on their day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Merri makers is in Sea Bright and closing the end of 2012... Are you looking to have a reception on a beach and bring in everything ? (tent,chairs,etc) some towns have rules as to whether or not you can have parties on the beach so you should definetely check with towns first. If you are looking into a private residence that is located on beach/water check with local realtors. .. Ocean place in long branch does receptions on the beach also...GL
  • Options
    reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    washington inn in cape may does beach weddings. very pricey, but gorgeous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lmcd1010Lmcd1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your help, I have reached out to Washington Inn and Merri-Makers. Hopefully something will work out as I am starting to stress! Thanks again any additional suggestions would be lovely! 
  • Options
    jacquiroxxjacquiroxx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know if you wanted a place that would cater, etc., but if not- I might have the place for you...

I'm getting married at the Women's Civic Club in Stone Harbor.  It's not a traditional venue, but it was very inexpensive and RIGHT on the beach.  Between the beach & the building, there is a lot where we are going to set up a tent.  Our reception will be inside, but we plan to have the bar & cocktail hour, etc. outside in the tent.  It's a very cost-effective venue (you can bring in everything yourself- catering, alcohol, etc.- potentially saving you thousands).  There are pictures in my bio under the reception tab- the picture with the three doors and the lot in front of it is the lot that's right next to the sand dunes.  You can see the sand dunes on the ceremony tab.  HTH.

http://www.stoneharborwomenscivicclub.org/
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_looking-beachbay-tentoutside-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:11db55da-865a-4fe9-91f0-cec6bad371aePost:c06c8e0d-a565-42cf-8ec8-fec4a7cb9aca">Re: HELP looking for a Beach/Bay Tent/Outside Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't know if you wanted a place that would cater, etc., but if not- I might have the place for you... I'm getting married at the Women's Civic Club in Stone Harbor.  It's not a traditional venue, but it was very inexpensive and RIGHT on the beach.  Between the beach & the building, there is a lot where we are going to set up a tent.  Our reception will be inside, but we plan to have the bar & cocktail hour, etc. outside in the tent.  It's a very cost-effective venue (you can bring in everything yourself- catering, alcohol, etc.- potentially saving you thousands).  There are pictures in my bio under the reception tab- the picture with the three doors and the lot in front of it is the lot that's right next to the sand dunes.  You can see the sand dunes on the ceremony tab.  HTH. <a href="http://www.stoneharborwomenscivicclub.org/" rel="nofollow">http://www.stoneharborwomenscivicclub.org/</a>
    Posted by jacquiroxx[/QUOTE]

Jacqui:

Were you allowed to set up ON the beach? Get married there, etc?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards