Ohio-Cleveland

Big (80person) Rehearsal Dinner??

Hi all,
So our 140 person wedding has a lot of out-of-towners who are pretty much making this a family reunion weekend. We aren't planning on a lot of declines (but you never know).  The wedding party + immediate family is 25, and our folks want to plan on an 80-90 person rehearsal dinner. Does anyone have ideas for places that would do private dining for that many people on a Friday night? Are we better off having it at a hotel (TBD) where the majority will stay?  The wedding is in Lakewood, and my family lives on the west side (Strongsville).
Our first choice was J Bella's in Strongsville, but they are booked already for our date.  Bummer.

Thank you so much!
Kate

Re: Big (80person) Rehearsal Dinner??

• edited December 2011
    Look into 100th Bomb Group Restuaraunt, its by the airport. They have a ton of dining options/private dining available for large groups. I'm in the same boat as you, 80+ rehersal guests. Stay away from downtown unless the sky is your limit, I checked with the Marriot at Key center and the Wyndhem at Playhouse square and well... its around $60 a plate.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother's wedding had a RD about that size -- maybe a little larger. Their RD was held at Amber Oaks restaurant in Sheffield Lake. I remember the food being great and the party area was very nice with windows overlooking an outdoor landscaped patio.

Also, Stancato's in Parma has a party room that holds up to 100, so look into that. Check out Carrie Cerino's in N. Royalton as well. They have several party rooms, in addition to a wonderful restaurant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you very much ladies! 
  • edited December 2011
    We had a large rehearsal dinner (about 60) and had it catered at the church (we got married at St. Clarence) and just used one of their rooms.  We worked with Ahern Catering and ordered liquor and beverages from Minotti's.    We used leftover liquor/beer/etc at our picnic the day after the wedding.   Made the evening fun & relaxing!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards