Maine
Options

Frustrated!!

So a girl that went to high school with my fiance saw him out one night and offered to do our pictures.  She hasn't done weddings but has a lot of experience doing other photography (engagement pictures, family photos, reunions, etc).  She was going to do it dirt cheap since she is just starting and since aren't doing our ceremony in a church I wasn't too concerned about lighting.  I liked the idea of it being cheap and she just let me know that she doesn't feel comfortable doing it and she needs to step down.  WTF! Ahhh I mean I'm glad she is being honest but really?! And I know I have plenty of time to find someone else but I'm just annoyed. 

So any suggestions on a photographer?  I really don't want to spend more than $1000 if that..

Re: Frustrated!!

• Options
    jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that stinks :(  At least she's letting you know now.

I'm happy with our photographer - Jennifer Lamoreau (clicky).  Her prices have gone up $100 since we booked her in February, but with tax, our package would still be under $100 (though just barely).  You get a 1hr engagement shoot; I think engagement shoots are one of those things the industry made up - but we used it as an opportunity to meet with her and make sure we liked her.  You get all rights to the pictures, which she sends, edited, on a disk.  We got 117 in our hour.  

You get her for 6 hours on the wedding day.  And all the rights to those pictures as well.

So no prints, but I would NEVER spend $1000 and not have the rights to my own pictures.  I can crop and print any way/size I want now.  I put them all up on our shutterfly site, so family can order them directly through Target.   

We found her very easy to work with.  She's pretty good at giving direction, and is also open to what you want to do (the umbrella pictures, on her site, were my idea).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Options
    kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen,
    I was just in a wedding and Jennifer Lamoreau was the photographer. You can see some of the pics on my facebook. They came out great, and she seemed like she was good to work with. (Just make sure you get the date of when you get your pictures, because Laura still hasn't gotten all of hers and it's been a couple weeks after the photographer said they'd be ready). But she is CHEAP comparatively.
    GOODLUCK!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so random!!!

Our photography would be included in our wedding package, but try searching craigslist. There are some pretty cheap photographers on there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try First Frame Studio and Roxanne Ashley.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of the family is a photographer, she does really great work and uses all natural lighting.  Her prices are also really reasonable.  My MOH is using her for her wedding next year,  FI and I chose not to as we are very adamit about not mixing friends/family and business. 

She has a Facebook page: Connie Hartel Photography

or her website: http://www.cmnightingalephotography.com/

She is a bride-to-be herself, getting married on 8-28-10, so she has a good idea of all the little detials and what not that need to be captured. 

Good Luck! Sorry to hear about the back out, just remind yourself that it will work out for the best.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and did I mention that she already did our engagment shoot.. so I feel like she used us for the money from hte engagement shoot (only $50 but still) without ever having the intentions of shooting our wedding!! Rahh... Okay rant over

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'll definitely be exploring the options!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Roxanne Ashey is at least $2,000 -- she was not cheap by far.

We met with First Frame and liked her a lot, and she is affordable. I think she had a package for under $1,000 -- at least she did last summer.

How frustrating for you! I hope it all works out.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

http://windsweptacres.com/photography/?page_id=237 We are using Peter Ingersoll.  Though I have also heard good things about Craig as well.  Peter has years and years of experience.  He is based out of Maine.  He has been awesome to work with and very reasonable. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Casey Tanner out of Canaan.
    Casey's Creations Arts and Photography.

She is doing our wedding. She has a facebook page and website so you can see some of her photography and work. We booked her for under $1000.

Getting six hours, rights to ALL prints, photo album..etc.
  • Options
    mhutchins3mhutchins3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.karijcrossphotogrpahy.com

This is our photographer, he prices are so reasonable and she does amazing work!!

Our package that includes the engagement shoot, 6 hours of wedding day, and a 100 page coffee table book for $900.00, I think she has a cheaper package with no engagement shoot too.
  • Options
    mhutchins3mhutchins3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and Kari J Cross gives you all the rights to your pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI co-workers wife does amazing work and i think she is relatively in-expensive. her Name is Monica Moore and you can find her on facebook!! she is a sweetheart too!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards