Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Making pizza look classy?

My fiance and i are toying with the idea of serving pizza at our reception; but I don't really want just pizza boxes on a buffet table. Is there a way to make serving pizza and lemonade classy and elegant?

Re: Making pizza look classy?

• edited December 2011
    scour thrift stores for very large cake stands, or make your own with platters and cool wide based candle holders and a bit of gorilla glue, elevate put the pizza on the stands with maybe a little card on the table in front of them saying what kind it is, and have a couple varieties available, this would be a cool way to present a casual food also nice restaurant style pizza, would look classier then like papa jhons or pizza hut
  • edited December 2011
    Nice trays on different levels + drink dispensers a la Pottery Barn style.
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Or instead of tray, the stone pizza pans? (but that could get expensive)

-cutting pizza into squares instead of triangles (IMO, easier to handle too)
    -a variety of toppings/unusual toppings (hawaiaan, taco, chicken alfredo)
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of pizza on cake stands.

I'd do more gourmet toppings, like margarita (no sauce, just fresh tomatoes, cheese, then topped with fresh basil and olive oil after baking), smoked salmon with capers and red onion, prosciutto, pear and goat cheese, anchovy and red chili pepper, mixed mushroom, spinach and roasted onion.
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could have stackers for the pizza.

Lemonade you can get a glass dispenser and put sliced up lemons in it!!

• edited December 2011

I lilke the glass dispenser idea.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks folks, this is fabulous! :D
    I want lemon centerpieces too, so this will be wonderful :)
  • lexa10lexa10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just saw those exact lemonade glass despencers at Costco yesteray!

• edited December 2011
    Really?! Costco, huh? Do you recall how much they were?
  • edited December 2011
    Make gourmet pizzas, you could probably google that to get some really great pizza ideas that are classier than a pepperoni and sausage classics that you eat while watching the game.Tongue out Also, for lemonade I love the glass servers in other peoples posts, we're actually planning on doing this too. Our theme is ocean and citrus (we live in Florida) so I was planning on putting together an old fashioned lemonade stand with a couple different options for flavors. Lemonade of course, but with different cut up fruits infused into it, like strawberries, oranges, lemons of course, and maybe even a "lime-aid". Not only does it give a cost effective idea for variety, it looks really nice to have all the colorful fruit cut up and displayed in the glass coolers.

• BlueBride11BlueBride11 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_making-pizza-look-classy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:4311c1de-fcfb-4b4e-8ad6-3a773fd92420Post:c9e26d73-a551-43c7-979b-06bbc95d6a62">Re: Making pizza look classy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]scour thrift stores for very large cake stands, or make your own with platters and cool wide based candle holders and a bit of gorilla glue, elevate put the pizza on the stands with maybe a little card on the table in front of them saying what kind it is, and have a couple varieties available, this would be a cool way to present a casual food also nice restaurant style pizza, would look classier then like papa jhons or pizza hut
    Posted by dizzinea[/QUOTE]

ditto this
  • edited December 2011
    you can also get nice glass dispensers at target, two different sizes and shapes, one was 19.99 and the other 29.99
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards