Illinois-Chicago
Options

Wedding on a rooftop

I saw a picture of a girls wedding who had their wedding and reception on the rooftop in the city. They got married before it got dark. They had strings of lights and such hanging around the area so when it got dark you could see the city lights and everything was super sparkling.

We were planning on getting married on 11/11/11 but I can't get over the idea of getting married outside on a beautiful crisp evening and then celebrating with a beautiful sunset and everything in the background. So just as a thought, does anyone know if there is a place in Chicago that is fairly reasonable (In my city I was originally thinking of committing to a place that cost around $1200-$2000 for the site..which I know is probably cheap for chicago.) were we could get married on th rooftop and have the reception there too? II think it would be such a fabulous idea.

Re: Wedding on a rooftop

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Since it is probably off season and not summer, you might be able to ask for a price reduction. I wonder if 11/11/11 is priced higher because of its numerical value. Even for a 20 minute ceremony, if you do it outside you should provide either heaters, heat lamps, or mittens or blankets. It gets chilly and probably windy on a roof top.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what the Friday and Sunday rates are, but A New Leaf has a beautiful outdoor area you could get married at - www.anewleafchicago.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A New Leaf is $4000 for Fri/Sat evenings (not sure about off-season though). The courtyard is pretty, but you won't be able to see any city lights, I don't think, because it is completely surrounded by the building.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A New Leaf rates are: 

Monday through Thursday.........................$2500Friday and Sunday..................................$3500Saturday..............................................$4000
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL raves about a wedding they went to at the renaissance, they had the cocktail hour outside on the patio, its not totally on the roof, but its up high and it overlooks the river.  However, 11/11 is going to be very very cold for a rooftop in the city.  Remember that anywhere downtown and on a roof is going to be significantly colder then the burbs.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do think it will be too cold at that point, but the I think the Itlian American Sport Hall of Fame has a great rooftop  http://www.levyrestaurants.com/Levy/PartiesEventsAndCatering/Restaurants/Grand+Piazza.htm

also I think the MCA does as well.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't specify that I was thinking of changing the date from 11/11/11 to a summer or spring date, but my FI thinks that we are under too much of a time crunch now so I don't think he wants to..but thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    jonkim902jonkim902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Grand Piazza, which is also the Italian American Sports Hall of Fame Museum in Little Italy operated by Levy  .
    I wanted a rooftop cocktail hour and Grand Piazza was the perfect space for it with an AMAZING view.   Natalie, the coordinator at Levy, can send you pics of ceremonies that were held on the rooftop.  Since it was Levy, the menu packages were also good and offered flexibility that we wanted.    We ended up not selecting the Grand Piazza.   If it rains, the back up plan is in a room surrounded by sports memorabilia, which we didn't want to risk for our July wedding.
  • Options
    AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know the nature museum in the city has a rooftop option, but i dont know what their price range is. If you're not set on being in the city look into the Joliet historical museum. Their rooftop has that urban feel and is super budget friendly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards