Eco-Friendly Weddings

Bark covered vases...where to get the bark?

I'm planning a DIY wedding. We want to make bark covered vases for our center pieces. I'm reusing some glass vases I bought off of another bride. I was told that rolls of bark can be purchased and hot glued onto the vases but I have not been able to find any bark thus far. 

Does anyone in the Nebraska or Indiana area know where I can purchase rolled bark? Even an online lead is welcome. 

And if what I was told about the bark being able to be hot glued on is incorrect please let me know. I have a lot to do and am grateful I have so much time to do it in but at the same time I just want to get these projects done. lol 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bark covered vases...where to get the bark?

• I love this idea! If you have any time to post a finished project, I would love to see how they come out! Good luck with everything!
  • edited January 2013
    Thank you. I was able to find some real tree bark for sale online, but they want around $60 for 12 square sheets which is way too expensive and were too small for the vases. I'm still searching for a cheaper eco-friendly supplier. 

I was told birch bark is the best to use since it is the most flexible and less fragile than other bark. I will check for local suppliers but in the meantime any suggestions or ideas are still welcome! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wanted birch bark cones with rose petels for my ceremony aisles.  I contacted my florist, and just the birch bark cones alone were $15 each.  I have not found a cheap place to buy it, and even went looking in the bush for bark.  No luck :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This option maybe cheaper. Also if ou get a hand held engraver for $10 you could put initials on it. http://www.save-on-crafts.com/birchpot.html
  • This option maybe cheaper. Also if ou get a hand held engraver for $10 you could put initials on it. http://www.save-on-crafts.com/birchpot.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards