California-Inland Empire
Options

need help

im trying to get the wording on the rsvps done and i am needing help on ideas to make it clear that only the people invited are invited. we cant afford to have people bring there cousins and baby mamma sisters and so on ya know what i mean. i just dont want to sound too rude. i was thinking of saying something like we have reserved ___ seats in your honor....how does that sound or any ideas of alternate wording?? also do i put adults only on the invite or on the rsvp card?? TIA

Re: need help

• Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no that is fine. that was the wording that I was going to put. I have seen some extreme ghettoness before... my friend had that same wording and she put lines on the rsvp for the guest to write in the names of their ONE allowed guest. Well this fool DREW IN 2 EXTRA LINES and wrote the names on it and had the nerve to write down what flavor cake they wanted. SMH
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That is the same thing we are using to try to make sure they don't bring others but you know there is a chance they may still bring someone else. I think putting adults only on either one is fine. Though, thinking about it maybe it will be better on the RSVP so when they are ready to RSVP they see it's only adults :)

• Options
    amyweetheeamyweethee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a great Idea to say 2 seats
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  I got a wedding invite that had the number of guests attending already prefilled in and I thought it was an awesome idea!  People are more likely to cross out the number and put less people than more.  The invite we got was for my family and my brother wasnt able to attend, so we crossed out the 6 and put 5.  Also, don't be afraid to utilize your bridesmaids or close family to kind of spread the word if someone has RSVP'd for more guests.
  • Options
    jayjay2305jayjay2305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am doing the same " we have reserved __ seats for "  it's very tasteful and people need to know it's not okay to invite people who are not invited unless they want to pay for them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards