Canada-Ontario

Name change info in ON

Hey ladies!  I finally got a copy of our mariage certificate which means I'm ready to do all the name change business but had a couple of questions for anyone that's done this.  First, I plan to change to First Middle Maiden NewLast - I figure if that doesn't all fit on my licence and such, I'll use First Maiden NewLast.

Ok, so here are my questions:  
Banking - I have post-dated chq's from my employer in my Maiden name (will change, but for now, I have a couple months of post dated already on hand), I also ordered a bunch of new chq's for myself just last year, so I have lots and I already paid for them (they have my Maiden name also) - is there going to be an issue with any of this when I change my name, or because my Maiden will still be on my ID, will that be ok?

Passport - it's good for another 3 years, I don't want to pay to get a new one just cause of the name change.  Can I leave it and just change it when I renew in a few years, provided my travel docs are made using my Maiden name?

I've been on the Ontario government site looking up all this, but I find it a useless site that keeps taking me in circles!  I will double check at the bank, but if anyone has been through this recently and has any info/advice, I would be super grateful!!
TIA

Re: Name change info in ON

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards