May 2012 Weddings

UPDATED: checks and room block update!

A follow up to yesterday's rant - our hotel has added the remaining rooms for that weekend to our hotel block and we've promised to keep them in the loop as our RSVPs come in so that we can release rooms from our block if necessary. Just in case I also set up a block at a nearby inn.

We also paid off our rings yesterday! They're still at the jewelers because I'm afraid I'll want to wear mine all the time at home!

I also went for my first fitting on Saturday. It looks like my alterations will only be $50! That includes my bustle and a small adjustment to the zipper. I was so excited I never thought they would be that low!

And this might be a weird check but I looked at my checkbook last night and it looks like I'll run out of checks right around the time I'll be changing my last name. I was bummed by the thought of having a new last name but checks with the old last name. Kind of silly, but it made me happy! :)

UPDATE: I stopped home and our invites were there! So I picked up postage on our way home!! Hopefully we can get them assembled and out this week! Opening the package with our invitations felt like Christmas!!
May '12 Nesties
March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
MARRIED!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: UPDATED: checks and room block update!

• Glad everything worked out for you. And congrats on those checks!
    I know what you mean, I can't wait to start seeing mail and my id with my new name
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • congrats on the checks ( ha, get it.. checks.. checks...ahem)

That's awesome your alterations are so cheap! Glad you figured out the hotel issue :)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on the checks! Glad the hotel block worked out. I recently moved and decided to wait on ordering new checks until I change my name! We've had our rings for months, but FI keeps them locked safely away in the safe. Once in a great while he'll take them out so I can try mine on again and "make sure it fits." Lol.
  • Congrats on the checks!

We are on the last check book with just FI's name. So I ordered new ones with my new name and his! So excited!!
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • Congrats on the checks! I'm glad the room block worked out for you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on all of the checks! I'm glad the hotel situation got figured out.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Glad everything worked out!  I just had to order an entire new box of checks, and they have my current last name on them =\
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards