Plus-Sized
Options

What are you wearing under your dress?

Trying to figure out the undergarnment situation. Strapless dress. Thanks ladies!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you wearing under your dress?

• Options
    I have a dress that has thin straps but it must be considered strapless for all intents and purposes. My dress also has a somehwat low V back.

I ordered the "Backless Strapless Longline" from David's Bridal (it goes up to a 44 band size). I got mine yesterday and am on the fence about it because I don't have a big chest and the cups (formed but not padded) have some extra room in them. 

Lane Bryant has a pretty big selection of strapless bras, too. 

Good luck! 
  • Options
    I wore a pair of control top panties and a longline bra.  I am very large chested, so I ordered my longline bra from www.lindathebralady.com. They carry larger cup sizes (up to G,H, I cups).  

I was planning to wear spanx, but realized that because my dress was an A-Line, the spanx didn't do anything different than the control top panties did, so I went with that, in an effort to stay cooler. (those dresses can get hot undernearth!)
  • Options
    I have a longline bra that I got from Alfred Angelo and the spanx bottoms that are briefs with a high waist. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got the corset that they provided when I tried on my dress. It surprised me...I have a very large breast and it held the girls up :) it was from davids bridal.
  • Options
    I got a strapless bra from additionelle...I don't know if they are in the states or not. I had to go buy a second one though, as the first one was too high for my dress. I was considering wearing spanx or something of the sort, but I'll have to pee a million times, so spanx just makes that process a billion times harder than it already will be with my dress.
    Buy stuff early, so you can try your dress on with the undergarmets and have enough time to buy something else if the first ones don't work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_what-are-you-wearing-under-your-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:5e70b20f-0aa7-483c-b8e4-19827c3864ffPost:bcc4cd76-e396-4d1c-b4c8-b37c8e81dd7c">Re: What are you wearing under your dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a dress that has thin straps but it must be considered strapless for all intents and purposes. My dress also has a somehwat low V back. I ordered the "Backless Strapless Longline" from David's Bridal (it goes up to a 44 band size). I got mine yesterday and am on the fence about it because I don't have a big chest and the cups (formed but not padded) have some extra room in them.  Lane Bryant has a pretty big selection of strapless bras, too.  Good luck! 
    Posted by ekmarion[/QUOTE]

<div>I went to David's Bridal yesterday to get my dress and I had the same problem with the Cups. Im normally a 42 DD and the only way I could get my girls to look and feel the way I wanted them to was to go into a 42 B. I havent been a B since I was like 10 but my girls looked great and I had all the support I needed. Try a smaller cup size forget about what you normally wear try some on and get the one that makes your girls happy! Hope this helps.</div>
  • Options
    I got a great strapless bra from Nordstrom's. And it held up perfectly. Actually I had gotten it before for a dress for a friends wedding and I never felt the need to pull it up because it was falling. I'm a 40 G
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards