New York-Upstate
Options

Rochester/ Canandaigua, NY

Hi everyone !!!
THe other day my finace and I went at looked at the INN ON THE LAKE, on canandaigua lake.
Just wondering if anyone has been to a wedding there or has had wedding there.  I would like some input.

Re: Rochester/ Canandaigua, NY

• Options
    burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes been to a wedding there - they do them outside and inside - I would suggest inside - but watch it carefully they will tend to pack them in like sardines a little inside.
    Burt and Cheryl
  • Options
    CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been personally, but I know a bunch of people who have been there for brunch and said the food is excellent! I have also heard the tent they put up for weddings is very pretty. I was planning on looking there, but they were already completely booked for when I wanted to get married by the time I started looking.
  • Options
    kenga6972kenga6972 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a frequent boater on Canandaigua Lake, and have seen many, many weddings held there.. and have been to one a long time ago, and the venue is gorgeous! It was very well managed and didn't seem like there were any 'hiccups' in the day at all.. things went smoothly and everyone had a lot of fun! The weddings I've witnessed (mostly the receptions) seem to always be rockin' and rollin' and everyone is having a lot of fun!!  The only draw back to having your wedding in the tent there is, there will most likely be boaters who dock at the edge and walk up to the little tiki bar they have in the corner of the lot... so there could be some loud on-lookers showing up during your ceremony or reception, and maybe even some drunk people too, depending on the time of day your ceremony would take place, but if that kind of thing doesnt bother you, then this place would be an amazing setting for your wedding!! Especially if you're thinking of a fall wedding possibly? The leaves changing and everything around the lake as a back drop to your pictures would be amazing! LOL (Just saying... LOL) But any other time of the year, its a beautiful setting and the staff and food are really good!! Good Luck in your search for the perfect venue!! I hope this helped a little! Smile
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love The Inn on the Lake! My fiance is a photographer, we shot a wedding there last year. We have amazing photos despite a few onlookers. People watched the ceremony from their patios and boats, but noone came up close. Noone crashed the party, but the bar around the corner was full.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually having my wedding there. In october. It's beautiful. The ten is a really good option too if you are having a summer wedding. Would start looking/booking now if the wedding it soon. There wedding planners are really nice and make sure you real really comfortible. Loooveee it. Can't wait to get married there. Also a good thing is you can get married right on the property, overlooking the lake and they have back up if it rains. I'm doing my cocktail hour in the tent then the reception in the ballroom. :)

Kelly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards