Florida-Central Florida
Options

Winter Park Womens Club

So my parents are coming into town this weekend and I'm taking them to my top three venue picks to get their opinions. Winter Park Womens Club is number 4 but I think if i could actually see some pics of a wedding there I might change my mind. If anyone has any pics of their wedding or someone you know I'd love to see them. It's such a big empty room and I have no imagination!

Thanks!!!

Re: Winter Park Womens Club

• Options
    chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Theresa! I love the pic of you with the knife, you look like you're about to show that cake who's boss.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Harry & I were married there on May 1st! I was a little hesitant at first too but we LOVED it.  I chose to decorate the mantles and make those a little more fun.  My mom made cushion covers (black) for the benches along the back wall and we put orage, pink and black & white damask pillows on the bench.  They had some cuhions on there that didn't go with my color scheme or overall wedding look (to put it nicely).  We have 75 people and had more than enough room.  We loved that you could bring in your own caterer since we have a good relationship Patty @ Arthur's.  Then we could also save money by providing our own alcohol.  They also are very flexible with the time (start and finish).  I have included a link to our photographer's blog with our teaser pictures.  There are some on there that show the venue.  We haven't rec'd the rest of our pictures yet otherwise I'd share those too. 
    My only regret was not going with black table linens (as I wanted to and my mom talked me out of...) and the flower on the tables were not what I expected. I'm very happy we rented the chairs ($3 each from Arthur's) because the chairs that come from the Woman's club were not pretty... and I'm not a fan of chair covers.  

http://www.leigh-taylor.com/blog/?p=1363

Hope that helps!! Good luck! :) 
    jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
    married bio with vendor reviews
    planning bio
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chiokevan, that's not me.  My wedding is this weekend somewhere else.  I just googled those pictures.  But, i'm glad you liked them.  
  • Options
    chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol, well make sure you post yours too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    there was a reception being set up there on Saturday (my church is right across the street). Their colors were similar to ours too! haha All I saw were the tables going inside and the tablecloths.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards