Rhode Island

Photo contract suggestion

Hey, ladies; hope your planning is going well! I wish someone had told me to check our photo contract and insist that it include a time period by which the photographer would deliver our photos. I guess I was so wrapped up in everything else with the contract that I never thought of it. I also wouldn't have thought it would be a problem to get some photos by Christmas from our Oct. 10 wedding, but I'm still waiting and will get them too late to make photo gifts to give at Christmas, use on Christmas cards, etc. 

My husband was trying to get some - maybe 20 - on a disk to make a small album for me as a surprise for me (awww, sweet, right?) and he can't even get that. We're now told that the Pictage gallery will probably be up as late as Christmas Eve (he had mentioned it would be nice to have something to show our families on Christmas when we visit) and was told he could show that off on Christmas, but my dad doesn't have Internet, so that's no help. I haven't seen even one "teaser" photo yet. 

I think only one other girl on my month board is still waiting for hers, so I'm a little frustrated. Just thought I'd pass it along to you - you know what they say: Hindsight is 20-20! Most girls on my month board said their contracts said six or eight weeks but maybe bring it up as something during your meetings?

Cheers!

Re: Photo contract suggestion

• edited December 2011
    Six to eight weeks is typical, mine were done in about three but I didn't get the DVD for another three weeks after the initial viewing and there was nothing on the contract about a timeline. Who was your photographer anyway?
  • mam217mam217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married on 9/4 and just got our photos last week.  We were informed of the delay, but it did stink waiting.  Hopefully you get something soon.
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding was the year before yours, same photog, and we didn't get them in time for Christmas.  Sorry you are frustrated.  My parents are getting an album with the wedding pics THIS Christmas.  They are going to love it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_photo-contract-suggestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:d67ce9da-e7ab-4b7b-b6bb-9ee8a78a3d55Post:9b981b71-446f-4b16-a499-41b0836cea29">Re: Photo contract suggestion</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding was the year before yours, same photog, and we didn't get them in time for Christmas.  Sorry you are frustrated.  My parents are getting an album with the wedding pics THIS Christmas.  They are going to love it! 
    Posted by jlsimon56[/QUOTE]

Aww, they will love it! When did you get yours finally? I'm trying to be patient but it's tough when people who got married three weekends after you have 1,000+ pics already and are posting their lovely photo gifts for their families!

To the poster who asked who it is, I don't want to make this about my photog, because it's not the photog's fault; I should have been more specific about our expectations for getting them - or at least a few - back at the time I signed the contract. That's merely my point in posting this, so that those who haven't picked a photog yet can include that their questions to ask. HTH someone!
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards