California-Orange County
Options

Electra Cruises

I've been looking around at different location for both ceramony and reception. We want somewhere that is virtually all-encompassing. Stressing out over planning the wedding is a big thing we're trying to avoid. 

I found the Elecra Cruises in a google search and the have a lot of positive reviews. The main complaint is that prices seem to magically increase at the wedding date is coming up and people have to pay the new amount. Another is that some employees, either past or present, were incredibly rude. 

Has anyone used them or known someone who has? I'd really like to know what I'm getting myself in to with there people.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Electra Cruises

• Options
    I'm using them for my August wedding. My first coordinator I didn't like, but I called and got a new person who I LOVE. She wasn't rude, but she wouldn't answer questions I asked or tell me when she had recieved money. This is going to sound really petty, but in e-mails communicated like a 15 year old which just drove me crazy (used tons of exclamation points, caps lock, in EVERY email called me sweetie and told me how she was "soooo excited" about my wedding). 

I think it all depends on your coordinator. My first one barely told me anything, and when I got the new one I found out so much more stuff that could possibly increase the price. Just ask tons of questions before and get it all worked out. My coordinator is Heather btw if you want to ask for her. 

Hope that helps let me know if you have any other questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using Hornblower cruises which is dircetly across the harbor from Electra.  When I went for a tour with Electra, I found the women who worked there to be rather snooty and rude.  The vibe at Hornblower is completely different.  They offer basically the same services.  I know that the biggest factor in pricing is the guest count.  We had the total cost settled from the day we signed back in August.  There are no surprise costs unless you decided to make upgrades.  Anyway, they are very pleasant to work with.  I'm extremely happy with them.  At least check them out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards