Moms and Maids

The Mother

I am going to be getting married in 10 days! I am really excited but I must say my mother has been really hard to communicate with. I know she means well but she seems to take everything the wrong way. I am not sure how much more I can take of it. What did you go through with your Mom a few months before the wedding and leading up to the final week?

Re: The Mother

• Moms get stressed out about weddings too!  Their baby girl is getting married and this is one of the biggest events in your life, as well as hers.  She is beyond proud for you and I am sure she wants your day and evening to be perfect.  She wants to make sure that everything goes off without a hitch and that your guests truly enjoy themselves.

My mom flipped a switch the week of my wedding and really had me upset....but she later apologized for it all and we have moved past it.  We also had tons of family members staying at their beach house as I was married at the beach, and this only added to her stress.

Take deep breaths and make sure your mom remains your ally through all of this and not your enemy.  She only means well, I promise ;)

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    P.S.  Just don't turn into THIS bride.....whatever you do ;)

Hope this makes you laugh......

(Marriage.....It brings out the best in people)

• I agree with ya 110%! I think sometimes she also forgets that I am going through emotions and am getting a little stressed out. No worries, I def wont be that bride! But that was pretty funny! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards