Colorado

Help! Planning budget destination wedding in CO Springs

Hello! My fiance and I have decided to get married in Colorado Springs...but we live in Georgia. I was working with a wedding planner out of Denver, but I think they will be out of our budget. I am looking for any suggestions/advice on vendors, lodging, transportation, etc... Do you think it will even be possible to plan this wedding without someone living there? Any recommendations for wedding planners that might be more reasonably priced?

Thanks for your help! :)

Re: Help! Planning budget destination wedding in CO Springs

• edited December 2011
    I am sure you would be able to do most of the planning online with maybe one visit to see in person the venue and meeting with your vendors that you have selected. I would also look at Craigslist or post an add on craigslist for a wedding planner in that area. Use caution when selecting someone from there, but it opens out a huge pool of people who are usually cheaper than other traditional ways of finding a coordinator. 

For your photography needs check out yellowpaddlephotography.com- they will totally work with your budget and do great work. 

You might also post your same message on the Denver board- there are a lot more people on that board that can help you.

• pinkie16587pinkie16587 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RSVP weddings in Colorado Springs is great. I was going to hire her but I decided to get married at a location that has the planner there. I'm getting married at the Pinery. It's in Black Forest about 10 minutes away from Colorado Springs. I would check out their website. Almost everything is included except for the alcohol, cake, photographer, and officant. So you get the dj, flowers, food, ceremony, reception sites, linens, and all the plateware included in a base price.
    As for cakes I suggest BellaCakes by Thena in Colorado Springs, they are beautiful, affordable, and taste yummy. She got voted best in Colorado by the Knot for 2010.
    For photographers I suggest either Reflections Photography if you prefer more traditional photos or RachaelHope Photography if you like a more modern style.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I too got married at the pinery.  IT was a great venue to work with.  Everything is all under one place.  They will even do the cake, photography and help you find a minister.  They were great to work with.  They are on the bit pricy side, but well worth it!  The day ran so smooth!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a photographer the girl we used is AMAZING! I dont know if she would travel that far though...but check out her work and our wedding at www.freshphotographyblog.com.
  • ajc18tajc18t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello-

I'm not sure if you already found somebody to work with, but I am the owner of Sound Master Entertainment, a DJ company that specializes in weddings here in Colorado. I have had the opportunity to work with a number of vendors throughout the state over the years, and I have a wedding planner, photographer, & DJ (of course ;-) in mind that might be a really good fit. Please feel free to contact me for their contact information.

Thank you

Tony Cummins
    Sound Master Entertainment
    tony@smedenver.com
    www.smedenver.com
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Late here, but I highly recommend the Cheyenne Canon Inn.  Beautiful B&B with ten guest rooms.  Very affordable, and awesome to work with.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011

Hi - I am a wedding planner based in Boulder, CO. Our packages start at $450.00 and we tailor each package to suit each bride. Check out our Website www.seizethedayeventplanners.com. Give me a call if you are still looking for a planner. We are very affordable. We will plan your wedding and put you in touch with all the local wedding vendors out here and save you money.

Honey Ahijevych
    Owner
    Seize The Day Event Planners
    www.seizethedayeventplanners.com

• edited December 2011
    Hi There,
    I am a wedding planner based out of Golden. My packages are very competitively priced and able to fit within any budget! Please give me a call and we can arrange for a free consultation by phone to reivew my services and pricing! I am very familiar with vendors throughout Colorado!

Kristen Rutkowski
    Bellissima Bride Wedding Consulting
    www.bellissimabrideco.com
    303-960-2230
  • COkristiCOkristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm late here but check out Historic Pinecrest in Colorado Springs. They have packages and provide the caterer, dj and photographer, as well as staff and bartenders, table linens and even vases and centerpieces. The owners are so sweet and have been very accomodating whenever I call or visit. (Our wedding is there on May 1). They have a chapel onsite as well as the event center so your guests only have to go to one location. They have pictures online.

Also, we are using Bonzijeers dutch bakery for the cake, they had the best flavors and the best price and have been great to work with. ($2.50/piece). Our hotel rooms are booked at the Residence Inn North in CO Springs. Good prices and great complimentary breakfast. Amber is the sales coordinator there. Good luck, you can totally plan it from out of state, I would just try to book a venue that provides a lot of services for you. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • macookiemacookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used The Celebration Studio (www.thecelebrationstudio.com) and they were FANTASTIC! I would definitely recommend them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards