Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Honeymoon Ideas!

Hello!!

I need some help with honeymoon ideas in March 2013. It needs to be cheap, and close by, im thinking within a day (6-8 hours) drive of the cities. THANKS!

Re: Honeymoon Ideas!

• Duluth, Lanesboro, Brainerd, and Door County would be my top picks!
    Halloween
  • North shore - i.e. north of Duluth. Try looking on vrbo for a vacation rental right on Lake Superior. Or a place like Bluefin Bay. It should be the offseason, so everything is less expensive. 
  • We were between Chase on the Lake in Walker or Whitefish Lodge in Crosslake.  We chose Whitefish Lodge as it is closer to home and we are going in the dead of winter - you never know what roads will be like.  Got the jacuzzi suite and we are SO EXCITED!
  • Duluth and Ely areas are beautiful, but I've only been there in the summer. Chicago is a bit of a drive, but there's tons to do. Maybe the Michigan UP? I've always wanted to go there! Do you have passports? Maybe somewhere in Canada would be cool to go to.. I've only been to Niagara Falls in Canada so I'm not much help on that topic :-)

Oh, and Lake Itasca, but again I've only been there in the summer. I think they have some nice cabins to stay in though! There's a nice winery and a small but cool brewery nearby. Also a few cute little towns!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards